Booking online from NP.com?

khunsanuk

I used thailand-hotel.net to book my hotel this week, as they had by far the lowest rate for the hotel I wanted. First time I ever pre-paid a hotel room.

One thing that I am not happy about is that my requested room type was not available, so they asked me if I was willing to upgrade for a higher rate. No problem there, but what bothered me is that they put a hold on my cc for the first amount, even though the room wasn't available, then put in a seperate charge in for the second amount.

I called them to make sure they knew what they were doing, and the lady I spoke with was actually pretty competent and spoke excellent English.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the only online booking site I ever had a serious problem with at the Emerald. Although I had paid the company never sent the voucher through so the hotel were expecting me to pay again. I went through several clueless reception staff before they attempted to contact the office which took several attempts. I had email confirmation from them but if i recall correctly it was under a differnt company name which made it more confusing. Precision booking seems to be about the best these days.-peter

Have used Thailandhotels.net several times and found them first class. Had a couple of minor issues first time (my fault) and called them from Oz. Spoke with a girl (Ms Ariya) excellent English and top service, fixed instantly.

I recall that they were based in Phuket, but when i looked at the site today it directs to Asia Rooms in BKK.

Site has also been "updated" so not sure if still the same operation...same same but different !!!!

I haven't been "home" for 15 months so my info is a tad dated. Will be back in July, so will update on this trip.

Cheers Dumsoda

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did have a little problem, not with Thailandhotels.net, but with the hotel. I thought it might be useful to post it here.

I prepaid 8 nights at the Novotel Lotus, 2500 p/n inclusive for a deluxe room. Deluxe means you get a teeny little sofa. The room was kind of tired, but I would have stayed there nonetheless, if not for the 1000 baht guest fee they got me for on the first and third night (security must have missed me on the second night).

The first time I was too shitfaced to complain, but on the second occasion I asked for the night manager and told her that none of the decent hotels on Suk have such a policy (SGS, Westin, JWM). She said, "Neither do we, for our regular guests. We only charge for internet bookings." When I asked how security could possibly tell the difference, she said, "They have a list."

I have read about similar policies at other hotels and always found it hard to believe, but now I know first hand. Something for KS to consider when choosing a vendor and setting this up.

Since 3500 is a ridiculous price for the Novotel, I called the tour company to cancel the remainder of my room nights and checked out the next morning. It was hard to find a room, what with the U.N. being in town, but I found rooms at the President Solitaire and the Rembrandt Apartments on a night by night basis. All outstanding values comparted to the Novotel Lotus. One bedroom at the PS was 3600++, studio was 2800++. A large (huge) 1BR at the Rembrandt (free upgrade from smaller 1BR) was 2800 inclusive. At 300 baht above what I paid for the Novotel, I don't know what I must have been thinking when I booked in the first place (well it was location, but Soi 33 didn't seem all that great this week anyway).

Archived