wedding costs?

thai3

If you got married just in the village how much did it cost including the piss up? The GF says she does not have so many relatives only 100-200 :: so they would have to be fed and watered in with the cost. I don't have a clue what people spend on this sort of thing. One good thing is that she is an orphan, so might get away with the sinsott racket :)-peter

100-200 people is not a lot, up to a 1000 is pretty standard.

Whatever the cost, you'll make most back again, since all visitors will bring an envelope with money in it. If you're lucky you make some money.

It's not only the piss up, at least a bottle of local diesel per table, but also food.

Just as in the west you can make it as expensive as you want.

I would presume... Cheap thai food, crates of softdrinks, ice, load speakers with stereo, sin sot gifts ( pig head, bananas leaves, other food items), Monks ( 3-9), table rentals, tent for the rain etc.. you should be able to get it for 300-500 per head.

They would also probably want to repaint part of the family home where the wedding is to take place ( 20K)

Hi,

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly I paid:

food + tent : 30,000 Baht

music : 16,000 Baht (3 musicians + some massive speakers)

booze : 10,000 Baht ? (brought 6 liters of Black from BKK, no idea how much beer and lao khaaw was consumed, it came in crates)

This was for a party of about 150 or so people.

So, guess you are looking at ~50-70K.

Sanuk!

Queit Lusty! I was planning to muscle in on that, as a distant relative in need of a "loan..." :)

FWIW, my dear friend in Sakhon Nakhon paid something like 50,000bht for food and drink...about 400+ people, considered small in her village. Food and booze flowed all day, for about 3 days...Not sure what the monks (9) cost, or the music/Karaoke guy...but it was a great time! Oh, I'd like to add that as the only single farang there (there were only 3, including the groom) I was the most popular guy at the party! they were literly lining up to talk to me...the women that is, though one guy did eye me funny...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived