Oh my, oh my ...

Flashermac

The fact that he openly admitted the "son of a prominent politician" helped him escape into Burma tells you that the guy has some powerful connections. This isn't your ordinary Thai copper they are dealing with.

A Thai policeman a couple of years ago came home and found his wife in bed with another policeman. The guy lost it and shot them both dead. He got the death penalty and was indeed executed. But that poor bastard had no protector. Someone told me long ago that it helps to have a "protector" in Thailand!

::

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Twisted world we live in. I can actually kinda see the justification for killing the wife & boyfriend (not condoning it, just saying I can understand this happening in a fit of rage), whereas the killing of those tourists is inexcusable.

An ex-colleague of my Dad's (20+ years ago) did the same. He too found his wife in bed with another guy, and he too shot both. Got sentenced to and served 6 years.

Sanuk!

itsmedave said:

Sickening!!!

Anybody know how we can take up a collection to resolve this p-roblem "Thai Style"?

I have an ex "associate" from Argentina who would have no qualms. Just tell him the guy's a commie and it would be a "done deal". LOL

Hugh (mak)

Guest lazyphil

Do they realise what this does to the image of LOS in farangland?....makes it look like its run by a bunch of petty thugs!....the police here are in my favor....because I was pulled over by the old bill last week for speeding through a village (40MPH in a 30MPH area :o--at 11pm so not a big threat!) after picking my mrs up from work, they tested me for drink, I'd had one pint so well under, I thought they would do me for the speeding once they had nothing on me for the drink, but they said 'good evening sir' and let us complete our journey home :angel:

Don't think they give a fruitcake about the Thai image abroad, at least not these thugs.

Remember the Welsh backpacker who was raped and strangled in Chiang Mai a couple of years ago? A lot of sound and fury, a Brit expat falsely accused and then released ... and nothing more. (Rumour says it was a cop that did her in too.)

I've met some fine Thai police. But even they admit there are some rotten ones out there too. (I remember my Tourist Police students telling me tales one day about "mafia" connections in the horse races. The police had orders from higher ups. not to interfere with the fixed races.)

some people with connections can get it quite pleasant in Thai jails with even considerable time spent outside.

as he denied the charges, how can the judge change death penalty into life imprisonment. sounds fishy to me; just to safe face towards the international media coverage!

I was rather surprised. Thought he would most likely walk, but those pics of him kissing the gal on the cheek really shot to pieces his claims he'd never met the couple before.

Still, it remains to be seen what sort of prison life he will have. Remember Duangchalerm, who got to orders pizzas and other food from outside -- and finally was allowed weekend passes and such from prison?

Archived