?Beautiful for Farang but not for Thai eye.?

walletss

walletss said:

I have heard this said a few times. The comment comes from Thai women who ask me if I think a particular Thai woman is attractive. Quite often I get a comment that the particular woman might be attractive to a foreign guy but does not fit the Thai ideal.

Let me qualify further by adding that I do not necessarily think the comments are borne out of jealousy. I believe them to be honest observations.

I think I know a stunner when I see one but is there anything that we Farangs just don?t comprehend? Are there physical characteristics that would appeal to Thai men that don?t measure up to our ideals?

I don't think that this is specific to Thailand...I think, in general, men (and women) from Asian countries have different standards of beauty than farangs. Take Lucy Liu, for example (O-Ren Ishii in "Kill Bill"). Now, I personally think she's a hottie (but then, I was raised in America), but I've heard it said that Asians think of her looks as what white men consider beautiful - to a lot of other Asians, she just looks "okay." To each his own; in Thailand, I guess this means that there are a lot of "ugly" Issan girls that need some reassurance and some lovin'! Sign me up, baby!

monkey39

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>Do you think Jazz a phed.?<<

FYI ... I'm not CIA, MIB or FBI :neener:

Just like JJSushi, I pay more US taxes than their annual salaries!!! :neener:

30? I'll take it as long as they have no genetically combined leftover from previously relationships. I actually think my best sex/love making were women in 30s.

Then again, 30 - 10 = 19 .... not a bad choice for voyeuristic pleasure or a short-term release. I really luv the white shirt/black skirt Uni outfit ... really sexy.

<< where does this myth about handholding for months come from? the inexperienced, stickman or perhaps the 'unlucky' I'd say!

>>

Damned if I know. It usually all or nothing. If she lets you hold her hand, it's not long before you'll have her between the sheets!

p.s. Also sort of tells you she is serious when a non BG starts going out with you ALONE, not bringing along a platoon of female friends. Of course, realise that she probably has matrimony in mind, and if you don't ... you just might end up getting shot.

::

Yesterday GF watched the swimsuit show of the Miss Universe contest. Of the first group of contestants (lots of dark skinned, black haired beauties from Albania, Aruba, Antigua, Angola etc) only one was beautiful in her eyes: Miss Australia, the only white and blonde.

BTW Miss Norway is from Udon, Miss Denmark has brown skin and black hair, Miss Netherlands looks like a luuk kreung from Africa, Miss France seems to be Arab and even Miss Germany has black hair. But Miss Greece and Miss Mexico are blonde.

limbo said:

Traditional Thai girls won't hop into the sac as easily as a Western counterpart may do.

Alot depends on the girl. Quite a number of girls are looking for farang boyfriends/sponsors and they'll play their main card. May actually be easier for a farang per se because if they do have sex the farang probably has crap Thai and who in that girl's circle of friends will that farang talk too? The problem for the visiting farang is how to meet these girls.

Then you've got the emmerging middle class that's not entirely sheltered (populating Thong Lo bars blah blah blah).

<<burp>>

Besides the skin issue, there is a big difference. Or maybe it's the farang "settling". I don't know.

I know some women are just beautiful to everyone no matter what skin color (Naomi). Then there's women that everyone will agree is attractive. Maybe not to them, but they can see how they'd be attractive to somebody (Fran Drescher - I hate her).

Then there are a huge % (way in the double digits) of women that I see with farangs. They may have an okay body, but they are just rough and course all over like a West End hooker in New York.

<<burp>>

"Then there are a huge % (way in the double digits) of women that I see with farangs. They may have an okay body, but they are just rough and course all over like a West End hooker in New York"

Some Thais think farang really have a good heart because they don't care that a woman is old, ugly and a prostitute. I find this a very sweet explanation but I don't buy it.

There are so many reasonably looking farang guys with Thai women older than themselves, plain looking at best, divorced mothers of several children. How do these women get a farang?? A friend of mine says they get the newbies who have no idea what is available and they keep them by being very nice to them. Farang men just cannot kick out a woman as long as the woman treats them very well. So in the end his theory is kind of similar to what Thais told me. I still don't buy it. But I don't really have an explanation.

Must agree with Carl here. After 5 yrs in LOS my eye has changed. As a friend's wife says, "Ta Farang mai tamnang." But now mine do. I remember my first trip to Rachada 5 yrs ago. I thought, "What is the big deal, Damn, the girls in NEP and Cowboy are far better looking." Now it is 180- degrees. I really do ont like the dark skin and high cheekbones. Give me a chinky girl anyday. To bad there is not a venue like Mnight w/ Rachada quality girls...

GS

I think along with white skin, they like western noses.

Along with the Bathroom full of papaya soap and arm whitening cream, my missus keeps threatening to have her nose done. But I keep having these visions of Jacko and it puts me off

Archived