?Beautiful for Farang but not for Thai eye.?

walletss

I have heard this said a few times. The comment comes from Thai women who ask me if I think a particular Thai woman is attractive. Quite often I get a comment that the particular woman might be attractive to a foreign guy but does not fit the Thai ideal.

Let me qualify further by adding that I do not necessarily think the comments are borne out of jealousy. I believe them to be honest observations.

I think I know a stunner when I see one but is there anything that we Farangs just don?t comprehend? Are there physical characteristics that would appeal to Thai men that don?t measure up to our ideals?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"I think I know a stunner when I see one but is there anything that we Farangs just don?t comprehend? Are there physical characteristics that would appeal to Thai men that don?t measure up to our ideals? "

To most Thais a light skin (the whiter the better) is the single most important thing. Anything else is irrelevant if the skin is too dark.

Sanuk!

" To most Thais a light skin (the whiter the better) is the single most important thing. Anything else is irrelevant if the skin is too dark.'

I would have thought the same thing . A tall lighter skinned girl without a big lumpy nose. What about the ethnic make up?

For example being 100 per cent Thai as as compared with 50 percent Thai and 50 percent Chinese? Are 100 percent Thai bloodgroups considered more attractive to Thais?

When I first came to Thailand as a Peace Corps trainee, we would sometimes ask our Thai instructors who they thought was the pettiest girl in the group. Invariably, the answer would be the one who was as white as a sheet of paper, had light blonde hair and clear blue eyes.

The fact that she was fat, shaped like a potato and had a bitchy disposition didn't seem to figured into it. She was blonde and white skinned ... and that was all that mattered.

Look at the Miss Thailand winners. They are always very light skinned and usually straight up and down. (Big boobs are frowned on!) The half-Isaan Miss Norway could never have won a Miss Thailand contest, not with the judges they have here. If you speak Thai, you must have had taxi drivers ask you often enough, "Why do foreigners like those DARK girls? We think they are ugly!"

Flash,

Yep, a Thai friend of mine years ago was stunned and confused when I dumped a very white-skinned, small breasted, Chiang Rai stunner I was seeing for a dark-skinned, small-nosed, much larger breasted (and sexy) Isaan lass. He just could not understand it. The little white lass was good in bed, at least she was extremely energetic, but had some flaws in the other performance arts that go along with it. One being her performance always seemed choroegraphed and the moans and such a bit of a put-on (even though I could touch her tonsils from her nether regions). But the Thai friend was totally mystified by my choice. Another reason I dumped the Chiang Rai lass was she was very clingy, and definitely wanting a sponsor and marriage, which at the time I was totally averse toward.

Cent

p.s. BTW, the Thai friend was very light-skinned, Chinese-looking Thai (looked quite a bit like Jackie Chan actually, though not in-shape).

Archived