Should Liverpool play CL next season?

limbo

In golf, they always let the champion defend his title. It's just a rule that rings true, isn't it?

I was just thinking - what if Thaksin had managed to get control of Liverpool last year? He'd have been insufferable when Liverpool won the Champions League, wouldn't he? (Even more than me! ::)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree about the closed shop but that's another issue entirely. Has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And I can find lots of things wrong with how football leagues are run. Also, we'll be more than happy for you to enter a basketball, baseball or gridiron team in the league. :: Our bottom of table sides could use some wins. ::

Its the FA's of the various countries that can say whether a league champion can go to the CL, isn't it? Lets say Chelsea are found guilty of tapping up more players and directors. The FA can say no European footie for Chelsea, the next club in the league standings get to go. UEFA has a shout as well but its being a little pedantic to note that Chelsea are invited as league champions. It doesn't address the 'God given right to defend' a title argument. Different sports with their respective govering bodies determine it. UEFA had no regulation saying a defending champion had a right to defend their CL title. They made one up on the fly and changed the rules after the fact.

Now we have to suffer for it (as well as Man Yoo). Its still unfair no matter how you slice the pie. What UEFA should have done was tell LFC they are allowed in but they won't be part of the pool of money for the EPL. We'll see how much they really want to defend the title then. I have a sneaking suspicion if they couldn't take part in the money you'd see them going to the UEFA Cup and cry bloody foul while doing it that they should get some money as well.

I am shocked, yes - Bibblies was right :worship:. Money rules.

I am a bit pleasantly surprised that the UEFA suddenly are positive towards an English club. On the other side this is nonsense, and breaking rules.

Cheers for the scousers though, and those supporters of English clubs should applaud it as well. Most likely it will affect Englands ratings positively, and thats what normally decides the no. of teams entered and which rounds they have to go through.

Rosenborg always have to go through qualification as Champions of the cold country.

Archived