Should Liverpool play CL next season?

limbo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool should play next years CL IMHO. However, not at the cost of Everton, so the big question will be, at whose cost?

That's something I haven't figured out myself yet, since all other teams clearly qualified as well.

Apparently a similar thing happened to Real Madrid a few seasons ago and the Spanish FA decided that RM should participate in place of whomever qualified that season in Spain.

Now, I can see many Pool fans wanting to opt for this as well, seeing Everton out of the CL next season, but Everton deserved to be there, they're 4th in the EPL and get a qualifier spot, period.

So, Pool didn't deserve to qualify last season since they finished 5th in the EPL, so despite the Cup win, they will have no spot in next years CL?? Tough one. I'm curious what the UEFA is gonna say about that.

Liverpool should definitely get their chance to defend the cup, but NOT by replacing Everton. Everton fully deserves to participate in the cup.

I think they should have some flexibility regarding the rules until the winner of the cup is known so there can be shuffled with a few clubs in order to allow the most deserving to enter the tournament.

Big fucking joke if Liverpool is out. :down:

Hell f**king no. The rules are the rules. Finish top 4. Where is the rule that says if you win, you have automatic qualification next season?

They had a wonderful CL run, well deserved, beating Juve, Chelsea and Milan, they did it the hard way. They sacrificed their league form to do it. That's their own fault.

Plus, what about the team that fought all year for the CL spot. The players shed blood, sweat and tears for 10 months, played by the rules and then are told they can't go? WTF? That's not justice. Don't change the rule after the fact. Once you do that, anything is possible based on that precedent.

Its Liverpool's own fault they have not qualified. It makes a mockery of the process.

I voted no, the rules at the beginning of the season stated that only the top two go into the CL with a play-off place for 3rd and 4th. You cant change the rules through the season just because circumstances change.

Its crap, because the holders should be able to defend their title, but rules are rules.....

Bitter Arsenal and Chelsea fans! :rotfl:

What's with this "they can't change the rules"? Of course they can! They're UEFA - they make the rules!

The "Champions League" is already adulterated. It was adulterated a long time ago with the inclusion of non-champions for the reason of money - to make sure more clubs with a big fan base were in the competition. Mini-leagues were introduced for the same purpose. So, considering that and the fact that Liverpool are a club with one of the biggest fan bases in the world, do you really think that UEFA are going to keep them out of next years competition?

And, back in the days when it was pure (only the champions played in the competition), the holders were automatically entered...

Btw, check this out for comedy value - http://www.cfc-net.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7761&whichpage=1

::

Archived