Cook Time: 15 min Prep Time: 10 min

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

4 Tablespoon Butter(melted)

1 Cup All Purpose Flour

1 Cup milk

4 eggs

4 drops almond extract or vanilla extract

NOTE: the only leavening is the eggs. There is no baking powder. That is why the heat is important. The eggs must be fresh, at room temperature and very well beaten.

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all ingredients will, (best with mixer). Heat two 7 inch cast iron skillets while mixing batter. Remove from oven and butter bottom and sides on pan. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter in the preheated pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the pancake is brown and very puffy. When you remove from oven it will sink in the center. Cook in 2 batches. You can use any combination of fruit in the center. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with hot maple syrup. You can also fill with scrambled eggs, cheese, salmai and/or bacon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elef said:

Hi LHL,

can you convert those temperatures to civilized celsius please. First I didn't notice the F and thought you meant pizza ovens.... :)

elef

Basically divide in half.

Fahrenheit (ºF) Celsius (ºC)

Very slow oven 250ºF 120ºC

Slow oven 300ºF 150ºC

Moderately slow oven 325ºF 165ºC

Moderate oven 350ºF 175ºC

Moderately hot oven 375ºF 190ºC

Hot (or quick) oven 400ºF 205ºC

Very hot oven 450ºF 230ºC

Extremely hot oven 500ºF 260ºC

And a pizza oven would work fine.

then they are cheating and using baking powder...... damn modern lack of classic techniques and real chefs, replaced by mixes and cooks....... arghhhh!!!

elef said:
limbo said:

Enter the Old Dutch from Soi 25. That's what I did when I went there with my missus. No need to parade through SC.

Limbo, Soi 25 is possible but you must take the subsoi to 23 as SC is between Sois 21 (Asoke) and 23! ::

Spot on Elef, caught me on that one.

Dude, I think this is the only entrance, at Soi 23, so upon entering you can go and take the tables at your left, the missus facing the wall or go upstairs.

Show complete innocence when she points to SC! During the day time the BG's stay outside, as much as in any 'normal' bar.

@ Limbo

I think this is the only entrance, at Soi 23, so upon entering you can go and take the tables at your left, the missus facing the wall or go upstairs.

Show complete innocence when she points to SC!

I was going to do a recon walk before I took her anywhere near there, I thought maybe soi 25 looped around or something, I am not so familiar with the back alleys near 23 and Cowboy.

It is sooo difficult for me to show complete innocence in that area. :doah:

I just could not do it. best for me to avoid Old Dutch with my Special Lady.

We will, however, enjoy wonderful Dutch pancakes in Holland in a few weeks!

but if anyone knows of another place, other than Old Dutch in Bangkok, I'd appreciate hearing about it!

Thanks!

Hi Dude,

I stayed with TGF in Tai Pan Hotel in Soi 23 some years ago. We walked in direction Sukhumvit, found Old Dutch and had dinner there. Afterwards we walked down the subsoi to Asoke - not until we turned around I understood it was SC. This was my first visit and before I had just seen it from Asoke! :)

There's an rather expensive italian restaurant Giustu not so many meters away from SC on Soi 23 also.

elef

Hi Alholk,

that's the reason it becomes pannkaka of everything. (Swedish joke not possible to translate as pannkaka means both pancake and a mess, btw we also have small pancakes plättar - plaettar!)

elef

Archived