Dutch pancakes

khunsanuk

Actually, my father made something called "german pancakes" or "Austrian crepes" they were made in the manner in which LHL suggests, he also made them stove top, but the came out different, more like a think crepe, which I prefered...so I guess these were sort of the "uber Pankake" or how ever you spell it...in any event, they were good!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elef Said:

I stayed with TGF in Tai Pan Hotel in Soi 23 some years ago. We walked in direction Sukhumvit, found Old Dutch and had dinner there. Afterwards we walked down the subsoi to Asoke - not until we turned around I understood it was SC. This was my first visit and before I had just seen it from Asoke!

Yeah, but years back there was almost no neon and no big signs... best for me to avoid that area with my Special Lady.

I am one that can not mix my lives or take chances.

I get all sorts of questions anyway like:

'Gee honey, why do you always stay on Soi 4 when I am not here, but when I arrive we stay on Soi 2,756,922??'

you get the idea.

Peace!

Why is it that the american pancake variety is so spongy?

I like the Dutch/Belgian variety simply with brown sugar, jam or better with real Quebec maple syrup....

I tried this Best Food pancake mix, but it makes these horrible spongy cakes. I do carry some Belgian brandname pancake mix with me when travelling to LOS. Maybe I should try some flour from a local bakery here?

Hmmm, I might start a pancake bakery place in Chumpon.... :p

Hi,

"I tried this Best Food pancake mix, but it makes these horrible spongy cakes."

Yes, that is what we use at home as well. The pancakes turn out okay (once I convinced the missus I like my pancakes large and thin), but no where near the same as in Holland.

Sanuk!

Hi KS,

"but no where near the same as in Holland"

probably the same thing as I remember from a book I once bought in Scotland, a manual how to make real whisky and the end page said something like "sorry you can't make it as you need water from Scotland" - so maybe dutch ingredients are what you need to get the real thing!

elef

Archived