Malaria cases in Chumphon, Surat Thani and Ranong

elef

Thank you for the good information on Malaria. I will check with my local Doc to see waht he says but it may be helpfull knowing what some here have been told. Very good info, thanks

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is right to be more alarmed about Dengue than malaria.

The area where you live is almost certainly malaria free (check with any local doctor) - there may be cases in your province but that does not mean the whole province is affected. It will be further inland, in the mountains and forests, not on the beach.

Generally speaking, the risk to contract malaria is remote. The risk of Dengue is very real.

Good luck with your operation.

On Malaria... I was talking to the better half last night, she's in the suburbs of Bangkok, and seems to think there is a lot of Malaria going round. Even says the govt was out "spraying the streets" to ward off mozzies, or something... she wasn't sure exactly what they were doing but she knows 2 people who are sick right now, prognosis not looking good.

:dunno:

>On Malaria... I was talking to the better half last night, she's in the suburbs of Bangkok, and seems to think there is a lot of Malaria going round. Even says the govt was out "spraying the streets" to ward off mozzies, or something...

Malaria in BK? Have not heard of it. Think however there is an anti-dengue initiative, which would of course, involve spraying the streets to ward off (kill?) mossies......

-j-

Archived