Typing problems

Old Hippie

Besides my lousy spelling and poor grammer, when I type on line, I have a problem. Essentially, I can be typing along, and the cursor/screen will freeze up, and then jump to where I finished typing, sometimes forgetting to space between words. In other words, it freezes, I type say 5 words, and then all of a sudden, it jumps and all 5 words appear...very odd...any ideas what causes this? how to fix it...?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No!

If you don't have a cordless keyboard we must look inside your computer. Probably you have a program running which in short intervals use all your memory.

So a description of your computer and the programs you use is necessary to identify the culprit.

elef

elef said:

No!

If you don't have a cordless keyboard we must look inside your computer. Probably you have a program running which in short intervals use all your memory.

So a description of your computer and the programs you use is necessary to identify the culprit.

elef

PIV 1.7ghz 40gig hd, 640mb ram...running programs...MSN Yahoo Messanger Skype (sometimes)...earthlink total access 2005...explorer...

If you press ctrl-alt-del at the same time you can see what programs are running and how much memory each one is using. Note all programs which you don't recognize and especially if a number is changing all the time. After that close the window, don't stop any process else you may have a bigger problem. Post the result here

Archived