In Thai how would I say

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yeh...er ah, can I claim Vicodin and boredom as the causefor this mistake?: I of course got confused by the "Pom..." in the name...any way, I ment to credit Pom_Jao_Choo as the scholar! Sorry for any inconvience... :)

"...Hey, is the Thai girl still staying with you? I need a room in SFO next month..."

No, TG left, thankgod! The bitch left! lousy house guest! and a really nasty nasty bitch..."Dragon Lady" would be an understatement...but yeah, PM me with details, I will be on crutches until the middle of the month, but can get around a bit. Have a Futon you can sleep on...er ah wait, you aren't comming here for "Pride week" are you...? ANyway, give me details...

This was sort of my understanding as well...could be wrong...

actually, as I think of it...there might not be a gender nuetral way to address of one self...it would be either or. Except of course for the exceptions you mention...I'll ask my teacher in an email...

Hi OH,

Rao as in we/us is also frequently used meaning in colloguial thai.

Dtua Eng

Guu (not really an option of course but still a gender neutral way to address of oneself)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Thats right Hua Nguu.

Only for me to add that the "dtua-eng" as meaning "you" between really close friends even becomes just "eng". Dont try and use that with just anyone though, as I am pretty sure its considered very rude.

God Skt. Hans!

Pharcyde

Hi Pharcyde,

I would think so too.

I think I`ll stick to "mung" instead, it seems to go down well :: :)

Had a great Skt. Hans by the way for once at decent temperatures and no rain. Hard to beat the scandinavian summer under these circumstances.

Hope you enjoyed it too.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• 2 weeks later...
gummigut said:

As for nah, it's used to turn a verb into an adjective.

glua - to be afraid / nah glua - frightful

beua - to be bored / nah beua - boring

gin - to eat / nah gin - tasty (never heard this used though)

son jai - to be interesting / nah son jai - interesting

yoo - to live / nah yoo - very livable

and the one everyone knows.... (drum roll)

rak - to love / nah rak - lovable

fan - to strike with a sword / nah fan - to be sword-strikable. :)

Archived