Archive?

khunsanuk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like it when people make a comment on some old thread. Unless there is a SIGNIFICANT decrease in speed (not, gee, it used to take 4.2 seconds and now it takes 7.3 seconds), I can't see any reason to closet old posts.

I don't buy "closing because it will dredge up old disagreements."

Hi,

" are the current archives accesible to all ? if so how does one get to them?"

No, not yet. Your post reminded me that I had not yet changed permissions on the archive.

Kinda waiting to see what the concensus is in this discussion though as changing permissions takes a bit of time and if we are merging (as seems to be the case at the moment) then there is no real reson to do that.

Sanuk!

"...I don't buy "closing because it will dredge up old disagreements." ..."

I didn't say disagreements, I said arguments...has sort of happened before...actually, I guess it still could, so no real reason to worry about it...o.k. I'll withdraw my concern on that issue... :)

wouldn't it be easier to search for a specific topic in the according forum if archive and actual forum are merged?

of course you can always search in "all forum", but this brings up just too many posts to go through.

currently if you want to search in a specific forum, you have to search first in the actual and than in the archive

• 1 month later...

Hi!

How are the archives set up at the moment?? Don't seem to find a link in the menu and old posts are not showing up through the search engines

Cheers!

random

Archived