worst airport lounge in the world

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TG lounge in New Delhi used to be a free drink coupon for the caffateria!

Don Muang isn;t as bad it looks, the Thai lounge is pretty good, all 3 of them, and the Sillypore Airlines lounge is nice enough.

KL TG Lounge is very nice as is Hong Kongs!

Sillypore Lounge is fucked, surprizingly bad, if you have gold, but not flying business they stick you in something resembling a british Rail waiting room.

I'd rather walk around Sillypore airport which is great to walk around, unlike Don Muang which is pretty crappy.

<And at 120bahts a burger and a coffee, they sure spell H O M E for you! >>

Which lounge at Don Muang charge for burger and coffee?

Nervous_Dog said:

TG lounge in New Delhi used to be a free drink coupon for the caffateria!

now TG is in a large luch shared by many airlines; it gets pretty crowded late eveining before the TG outbound flight. had also a bad experience there, when i wanted to take a guest with me (on another airline ticket); they refused entry and i had to start a big scene and somebody from TG had to come up to resolve and let us in...

Nervous_Dog said:

Sillypore Lounge is fucked, surprizingly bad, if you have gold, but not flying business they stick you in something resembling a british Rail waiting room.

you refer to SQ lounge? yep they do not let you in their Kris lounge with your TG gold; you could still go to TG lounge, but that's quite a walk!

Hi!

Don't really know much about lounges as I pay my own tickets. However Frankfurt must be the worst airport in the world. In one of Europe's largest airports (Heathrow might be larger) I walked around for 1 hour trying to find a bar where I could by me a beer for USD or use my CC. All the bars said they would only take DM so as not to die of thirst I had to change money to a currency that was of no use to me after I left the airport. My first visit there was even worse. I was supposed to change from Philippine to LH. The transfer check in was unmanned and everyone that I asked either shrugged their shoulders or pointed me to the unmanned transfer desk. Eventually a cleaning woman took pity in me and told me that if I was flying LH I could just go to the gate and check in there and this woman wasn't even German.

regards

ALHOLK

SkiBum said:

United Lounge in BKK is pretty bad! First and Biz section is only seperated by a rope!

it is quite disgusting when the mediocre business class mob gets too close to the noble first class Skibum! :neener:

i agree re Lounge. don/t know why they have a own lounge for only one flight per day and do not collaborate with partner airlines as others do.

One of the worst has to be in Karachi - mosquitos as big as your head and a constant flow of beggars and other undesirables that seem to have unrestricted access to the terminal.

However, you can put just about any terminal in Africa on your list. Three that come to mind as being personally horrible are Lagos, Bangui, and Douala.

Yes, I have been waiting around in some real swell places.

My worst ever experience was Dhaka airport in Bangladesh circa 1986.

Firstly it was complete chaos with no information on connecting flights to be seen - it was complete luck that we managed to get our correct flight back to London.

Secondly the whole place stank - my girlfriend and I both went to the toilets and turned round at the entrance, overcome by the stench. We wouldn't risk food and only drank the bottled water we had from BKK.

Finally the modus operandi for boarding the plane was strange to say the least. My girlfriend was pretty violently sick by this time and I was helping her, but when we got to the gate (it was a bus out to the plane) they physically pushed me away and pushed her onto the bus! Turns out the sexes were segregated for the bus trip but no explanation was offered and we had no idea what was going on. I eventually got to join her on the plane about 30 minutes later by which time she was on her third sick bag!

Still, I learned my lesson - no more rock bottom cheap flights to Thailand no matter how desperate I am to get back there.

Archived