Western Fast Food Travesty

Sarisin

OK, now they have really done it. For months I waited as the Emporium renovated the fast food joints on the 5th floor - Burger King, KFC, and Pizza Hut (the latter two combined). Well, after months of renovating these Fast Food Paragons of Cholesterol and Bulging Bellies have re-opened as ChiCurry (an upscale version of Sim Cafe) and a fancy, schmancy freakin' juice bar. Grrrrr.

OK, I know someone will give me a lecture about eating all the nasty food and how I should be eating healthy, yummy Thai food every meal because I live in Bangkok. But, please, let me have my western fast food fix a few times a month?

If I want it, I can go elsewhere, sure, but my gf and I usually go to the movies at Emporium and sometimes, when there is a horror movie, I go alone and really like to stop for a burger or chicken. Now, I can go to Dairy Queen and get a Mystery Dog - probably better than a Nervous Dog, but still yech.

And, why or why are there so many ice cream places on the 5th floor of Emporium? Haagen Daaz, DQ, Swenson's, Iberry, and more.

Alright, if anyone out there knows any powerful people in the Emporium food chain, please tell them to bring back the fast food places or I will let my friends The Colonel and Mayor McCheese pay them a visit. :)

PS. My girlfriend and I ate at ChiCurry on Thursday last week. Limited menu, small portions, and high prices. Back to the Food Court for me....

LOL, I wrote about this in this old post. BK will be back. Figure a December timeframe for all that I discussed to happen.

I am pissed that the Peri-Peri Chicken (Nando's ripoff) place is now gone!!!! I lub that chicken too mutt! And it was a good spot to girl, errr people, watch. <sob>

Cheers,

SD

I was really pissed last trip (earlier this year - after a near 2 year absence) to find that 2 of my favourite Farang food places had closed, being the French Cafe / Restaurant serving Crepes and Galettes etc located in the basement of Ploenchit Plaza / Mall and also on the 1st floor of the same building the TGIF Clone.

Neither was cheap or what I would call top notch dosh, but it was for me more than acceptable.

I was however pleased with the "Subway" opening on Soi7/1 - good beer drinking food.

Archived