U.S. Embassy - generous with wife's tourist visa !

My wife used her AP 3 times in the 8 months between applying to adjust status and the interview date... no hints of any problems. I could see why people might feel nervous about it though... the whole processes is a bit nerve wracking.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye. My wife used her's twice in ~9 months. No issues at all. No reason to think there would be any as an AP is (for all intents and puropses) the same as a visa. Methinks some lawyers are using scare tactics to get more $$ from their customers. :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

Hey BB,

Again, that "Old Chinese Proverb ... "

It has proven to be so true in my case. It's got to be one of the ultimate truths of my SE Asian experience. I honestly don't know how I could go through what I now face without my wife's love and assistance ... not to mention her companionship and devotion.

There's no doubt that she keeps me going. :bow::hug:

pete,

I have a vague idea that when I saw you in Bkk mabe 1,5 years ago your wife appeared to be pregnant. If you now say you have a son , my comment is that your story is consistant and I expressively support your visa. You may print this out and show it to anybody at the border.

** I undergo major neck surgery. ** Clearly a result of bending your head too far backwards when drinking beer. It will come back. I advise you in future to stiffen your body completely to a straight line and lean backwards to the wall without any extra angles anywhere. Supply liquid from top , avoid frontloading.

My best wishes to Mrs Pete and successful operation :topic:

BuBi :beer:

True story from the past: many moons ago, a good friend had a part time job cleaning the historical Warren Tavern in Charlestown after the pub closed. Those who are familiar with the Tavern, know it was frequnted by Paul Revere and his constituents before (? during) the Revolutionary War.

My buddy would call me from time to time to visit him 'at work.' We'd play chess, etc. in betwen chores. Every now and then the winner of a classic match would be rewarded in the following fashion. He (many times I) would lie on our backs on the bar. The loser would slide the winner on his back until his mouth was positined under the tap for the draught Heineken.

When the recipient's mouth was opened, the tap would be opened, and the Heineken would flow until the winner had his fill and slid out from beneath the tap! Bobby Fischer would have been proud of me ... definitely won more than I lost.

Ocassionally, an extra reward was felt deserved (especially after a belly full of Heineken). My buddy had the keys to the walk in fridge. We'd help ourslves to a few fresh, Gulf of Maine lobster tails ... yes, the real thing!

Wonder what lobster meat like that is selling for a pound these days in BeaneTowne and environs ?

Sounds like you were well prepared and managed the situation to a good conclusion.

In our case, the interview, which happened yesterday, was scheduled almost a month before our planned trip. So, no problem with the scheduling and the interview did have a successful conclusion.

We did have a funny moment in the interview. The interviewer asked when were you married? ... neither or us remembered the date - we did have the marriage certificate with us, however. Still, pretty embarrassing.

Archived