Nigeria scams...

Old Hippie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flashermac said:

Have you got the one telling you that you have won a fortune in the British lottery ... only the spelling in the letter is North American, not English? :o

No doubt I have along with 200+ other spams a day.

I always laff at the ads for buying perscription drugs on line, and the subject line spells whatever they are touting incorrectly.

really makes you want to buy something dangerous from them.

Spam filters look for the correct spelling of the drugs, the incorrect spellings are an attempt to get the message through the filter and onto your computer...they get through on my computer.

However, it does make you think twice before even considering purchasing anything from the.... :(

I tryed the spam filter(S) on my email software ( eudora) and that my isp uses ( sbcyahoo) did not take long for me to find out is was filtering out ligit messages from my customers also.

so now I am back to filtering all my email myself

Hi,

"did not take long for me to find out is was filtering out ligit messages from my customers also."

I have to worry about this as well, but have no such problems with POPFile. It needs to 'learn' for a few weeks first, but then becomes very powerful & accurate.

Sanuk!

Archived