the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only 4-2,not a great result..........

but i see more embarrassement for England if Sven stays.....

in the African Section i see that Countries like Angola,Togo,Zimbabwe and Zambia are in the running to qualify for the WC in 2006.

now that would be a major surprise if we managed to beat any of them.............

how i wish we had the chance to play Benin,a chance of a win i think............

Its not Sven that should be fired its the FA. They are the ones with no balls. They hired Sven. They knew how he would manage. The FA finally had the balls to go outside the country for a manager and made a conservative choice. They knowlingly picked a manager who would not rattle the cages. Who would adhere to the football politics already in place in England. They picked a manager they knew would not drop Becks, Owen or Rooney if they were not in form.

They needed to pick a manager who could care less what the people and the papers say. Hiddink would have been a good choice. There are others. Better tacticians. More independent.

English players have gotten better technically from the influx of foreign talent. They train with these guys every day. The young english talent on the top clubs got technically better at an accelerated pace due to this. Bentley at Arsenal; Joe Cole having played with DiCanio and Robben. They are better on the ball and they are better at defending against the better flair players from having to face Henry, Ronaldo, Robben and Morientes week in week out.

They needed a manager who could exploit that advantage. Hell, I'll take the job for a quarter less money. ::

That(the game) was pathetic. Sven plays not to lose like against Brazil(Beckham not marking Rivaldo at the end of the first half and Seaman's brain fart on Ronaldinho's free kick) in the 2002 World Cup, and it came back to bite them in the ass. Allardyce would be perfect for the English National Team, and he would bring out their offensive potential.

i've been advocating Allardyce for over a Year now.

he is an Englishman through and through and would certainly shatter a few Ego's.

a train of thought is that he would be umpopular with some Players and he might not be accepted by them.

well fucking tough shit.

if they don't like it they can stay at home and watch the game on the TV.

we need someone who will pick what he believes as the best Team and if he to to drop Players if they are off form,not just a yes Man.

yes he has no experience of a big Team or won anything and probably never will but he is the sort of Man who would have the guts to change things.

but he is in the same situation as Brian Clough,the best Manager never to get the England job........

Belem said:

That(the game) was pathetic. Sven plays not to lose like against Brazil(Beckham not marking Rivaldo at the end of the first half and Seaman's brain fart on Ronaldinho's free kick) in the 2002 World Cup, and it came back to bite them in the ass. Allardyce would be perfect for the English National Team, and he would bring out their offensive potential.

Too right. Play at speed, don't be afraid, go at them the English way. Stop slowing it down for internationals and don't give Beckham a stupid quarterback role which makes only him look good. :spank:

Spain are also having a lot of trouble qualifying, btw.

sayjann said:

i'd laugh if it wasn't so embarrassing.

not so much the result,but the performance and Team shape.

playing Beckham as the holding Midfielder is a joke,but what do you expect when Beckham seems to tell Sven where he WANTS to play.

stick him back on the Right and be done with it.

and is Rooney a Left Winger?,i hardly think so.

Rooney is best in a roving role and feeding off a target Man like RVN and Owen is hardly the greatest targetman in the World.

the Team lacked passion and imagination and looked lost when Healy scored.

but 2 wins will put us in the Finals............

but the way they are playing 2 wins are not a certainty.

and i see Ruud done the business for you again,even if he did blot his copybook by missing a Penalty.

Rooney should of been taken off at half-time, that was pure petulance that you would expect from the school playing fields...dont give me any rubbish about "showing spirit", when he tells his team-mates to fuck-off then its time for him to be admonished.

I would love to drop him for the next 5 matches or so (I know he's out of the next one), unfortunately we dont have anyone of his calibre to take his place.

Agree with you about playing players out of position....this has been tried so many times over the past years and never works, surely we have enough playes in the EPL to cover these positions. Beckham is being totally wasted at the moment.

Also why did Sven take off an attacking midfield player and bring on a defensive one when your trailing 1-0!!

chocolat steve said:

Its not Sven that should be fired its the FA. They are the ones with no balls. They hired Sven....

Agree with you here CS. The FA are made up of a bunch of old-farts who've never played in their lives. Its too political with them.

I also blame the newspapers, two weeks before the wales game, they continally slagged off the england players.....what does that do for their performance.....surely they should be hypeing them up and slagging them off AFTER a poor performance.....

Archived