the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

The Mancaneers will be alright in the goal scoring department this year because RVN is healthy, but Forlan was starting to take his game to another level last year before he was transferred to Villereal. With the budget Glazer has imposed on SAF, he'd better be as astute a talent evaluator as Wenger.

I'm going to take back what I said about Cisse and say that Morientes should be gone if Owen comes back. Morientes is too slow and certainly cannot play in a one striker up front formation as the Middleborough game showed earlier this year. Rafa wants to play an up tempo counter attacking style like Arsenal, and Cisse and Owen both have the speed to thrive in that system.

As for Newcastle, Souness will be the first manager sacked this year. No way a club with their resources and fan support should not be challenging for a CL spot.

I heard that Henry has a beef with Zidane on the French national team because Zidane dominates the ball so much which slows the game down, thus preventing Henry from getting off his runs behind the defense.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

as i said earlier i have no problem for him going to another Club for a bigger wage/career prospects.

i just dislike him because he said he was MU's greatest Fan but was so quick to sell them down the river and expose their inside workings.

Could be wrong but I never heard him say he was a blues supporter, sure he go's to a few games, but then he should in his position

i understand your POV about about joining MU for a better wage but would you consider trying to destroy your beloved Chelsea by revealing all their secrets?.

I'm sure there's something in his contract to state about secrets,

And people inhis position switch to other teams regularly, I think your just sore because he went to one of your biggest rivals

no i am not that naive,i know that MU and probably every Club in the World does the same.

but i also have to agree with what Steve said about Chelsea buying Players for the sake of it and to stop any other Team getting their service.

Like what Man USA have done for the past 15 years ?

do you honestly think that if Roman had not arrived that Chelsea would have attracted all those Players to your Team?.

up until his arrival Chelsea were probably a top 10 Team but now because of the wages offered they now consider themselves #1.

i don't think many of the Players would have joined if not for the inflated wages and the Fees paid which outbid other Clubs.

of course not, but whats your point ? United were the richest team for years and part of them was that they had a good wage structure and were able to buy players other teams couldnt....just because the goalposts have moved doesn't make it wrong

i agree that MU have overpaid for Players in the past (Rio and Rooney spring to mind) but then it was a Sellers market at the time.

Chelsea just do it for the sake of it.

See above

i have to agree with Steve also.......fuck i hate saying that........that Winger has been very astute in his buying and he has been very successful in some of the 'unknown' Players he bought to Arsenal.

the Henry's/Anelka's/Vieira's and Ljunbergs were masterstrokes.

but anyway,off topic.

can't be bothered to look but when is the MU/Chelsea Game on the Telly?.

how about me travelling to London for the Day and we having a Beer while watching the Game...........:beer:

been a while since i have had a Beer in London whilst watching Football..........

'I'm sure there's something in his contract to state about secrets'

but what is said in private between Employer and Employee whilst having a Glass of wine 'may' be another matter.

i have to disagree with your thoughts that MU (or any other Team) has done the same as Chelsea since Roman arrived.

yes MU and others have spent big,at times wisely at others unwisely.

MU have targeted certain Players and tried their best to get them onboard.

some have come,others haven't.

i know Chelsea have their targets but their practice of suddenly appearing on the scene when one of their rivals is going after a Player and then buying them when they were not interested in the Players beforehand just makes me shake my head.

every Team will have dissent in the ranks and the recent moans by a couple of the Players who spoke out shows that things 'might' not be well between Players.

Giggs has fallen from#1 for his position to 3rd but no complaints from him,he just says he will fight for his place.

Smith hardly gets a Game in his favoured position but will play wherever Sir Fergie wants him to and never moans.

Players like O'Shea and Brown play everywhere and anywhere and are still thought of as fringe Players.

you never hear complaints from them...................

I think your taking this out of proportion, what player have chelsea gone in for that they haven't bought ? You got to remember a lot of what we hear is media speculation so invariably wont be true...

Most of the players, if not all, that we've gone for we have bought, if anything its CHELSEA that are being done as the selling club hikes up the price. I can't remember any occassion when we've gone in for a player just to piss the supposed target club off by jacking up the asking price.

United have had their share of dissent in the ranks over the years, when you have a big squad thats going to happen. The good think with Chelsea is that there is always another player to take his place

i.e. Gallas for Carvallho....

so Owen finally signs for Newcastle.

he must have been pissed off that his options were limited in the end.

Liverpool were willing to take him back but their valuation was much less than Newcastle's and laughed at by RM.

but some confusion as Newcastle say he WILL fulfill his contract but the 'rumours' still persist that there a clause in his contract that states he can move after 12 Months.

and this is of course denied by that fine up-standing Chairman,Mr.Sheppard.

RM must be laughing their heads off as they pull off a great piece of business.

selling Owen for double what they paid must rank with Arsenals selling of Anelka as astute work.

I wonder about the Liverpool situation, I think there may of been a behind-the-scenes falling out between Owen and Benitez....he didn't seem to eager to snap up owen who incidentally is still a great player.

I'm surprised Arsenal or Chelsea didn't go in for him, both teams have a very small strike-force. Going to the Geordies won't help him IMHO, one man doesn't make a team, who is going to supply the feed to Owen up front, especially if Jenas go's to three-point lane....

i wish to make a complaint and i hope the Mods take it seriously.

i know that PM's are nothing to do with this Board but a Member sent me a Photo because of the various Football Threads on this Board.

it was so disgusting to look at and i felt VERY sick and while i tried to hide it from the GF she saw it and had Nightmares after seeing it....... :onfire:

could a Member who lives in LA and declares he is not a Gloryhunter be told that Photos of him in an Arsenal Shirt will not be tolerated.

even my 9 Week old Kitten ran away and would not eat for a Day....... :yikes:

any talk of Football should not subject me to this sort of abuse in Private,and another Member should also be warned for sending me Photo's taken in Germany last Year..........

you both know who you are,anymore of it and i will post the Graffitti i saw about the 2 of you............ :up:

and you know the Photo i'm talking about............ :grinyes:

Archived