Luui ?

khunsanuk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember hearing somethiong similar, along the lines of "farang luui" from a BG in Pattaya years ago, usually with a dismissive sneer on her face.

Best interpretation was something like "farang bad", no good. Maybe a more street version of farang mai dii.

Maybe she meant "KS no good" :?:

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

OH, I wish, man, I wish :hubba:

Sanuk!

KS,

All jokes aside, according to my wife's assessment, OH is not that far off the mark!!!!

Discussed with the wife last night and asked for an opinion (after explaining the situation....see darling, I'm not the only "dirty old man" all falangs are the same....not so old, but plenty dirty !!)

After thinking about it for a while, she said..."In that situation, I think what she would have said is,....Duu Luui ( sounds more like Doo Loy to my ear)

Her translation was......You want to look at / watch....you can look at / watch ( she added.... you want to take it...take it)

She also commented that if the girl is pretty (and believes herself to be sexy) and this response was spontanious, then there is a degree of "come on" in the reply.

She believes that this is why, when asked again, you met with the embarrassed / shy response and refusal to repeat what she said.

Sort of slip of the tongue from her, maybe looking for one from you !! 555

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Hi,

'duu luui' -> no, it didn't sound like that, nor did she say 'duu'

'root rit = feel irritated?' -> isn't this ngoot ngit? And no, it didn't sound like that at all.

Jitigawn and AF16 may be on to something, although this girl is not from Isaan and it sounded more like a verb than an exclamation. She added my name behind the word, which makes me think it was a verb.

A Thai guy in the office mentioned something about the word being used before one starts a fight, but was confused as well.

He wasn't there when she said it though, so my pronounciation may have been off.

Maybe I'll just ask her again, she if she's willing to tell me now :)

Sanuk!

Archived