Patpong and Washington

The_Munchmaster

you are mainly hanging around in the wild west of the WS (which is actually in the east of the square)! the one you missed in this area is called cat's meow or something like that.

The_Munchmaster said:Round the corner from Wild Country is Bourbon Street, the Prince of Wales, I think the old Hare and Hound from Cowboy? and Square One, which is run by a mad Englishman, but I don't go into any of them.

Taffy the owner of Square One is neither english nor mad, however sometimes and sure in the evening drunken. despite that, he is a much better boss for his girls than many other bar owners. recently the day shift (10am to 6pm) of the girls is a bit more attractive than the night shift. many of the hotter girls from the night shift were married away by farangs.

you are right about the old Hare and Hound from SC.

Prince of Wales was recently sold. this bar had some real gems 5 or so years ago, but those times are long gone. during the last 2-3 years i just stopped for a short Mekhong straight (not to waste too much time) only about every 2-3 months, but was always the sole customer. finally Pia had to sell it.

if you turn right from there back to Dubliners there is Happy Pub run by a lady from Roi Et. never expect more than max 3-4 customers in there! but this bar is somehow interesting as it has a very high turnover of girls; just a handful of girls; sometimes all ugly buffalos, sometimes.... :shhh:

Patpong and WS are as well my favourite bar areas! i have worked SC too much in the past and i never liked NP. could tell much more about Patpong, but PP is covered frequently on this board.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Munch,

There is another little outdoors bar located on the corner of Washington Square called 'Denny's Corner Bar'. Most people have nothing positive to say about it (quiet, crap music, no decent girls etc.) but I have always had an enjoyable time here. The puyings are certainly not oil paintings but are usually friendly enough and will sit and drink (real drinks) with you. No hands-on fun as such to be had - but a good place to stop and enjoy a couple of drinks.

candyfloss said:

Hi Munch,

There is another little outdoors bar located on the corner of Washington Square called 'Denny's Corner Bar'. Most people have nothing positive to say about it.

Hi Flossie,

You're dead right, most people have nothing positve to say about Dennys Corner Bar. I always stay at the Regency Park Hotel when I'm in town and Denny's is right across the street. I pass it a few times every day and rarely see anyone in it. Must be a good reason for that?

Baaah.

@The_Munchmaster

Last time I tried to make a booking at regency park I received the answer that they no longer accept guest.........

Could you confirm please?

(seemed strange to me as they have the B52 bar just at the hotel's entrance)

Right - stayed there for years whwn in BKK. Never had a problem. 14 days ago different. Joiner fee Bht 600 every night and loudly about it every night when arriving with chick. I'll never stay there again.

bircow said:

Right - stayed there for years whwn in BKK. Never had a problem. 14 days ago different. Joiner fee Bht 600 every night and loudly about it every night when arriving with chick. I'll never stay there again.

By "joiner fee" I assume you mean a charge to have an overnight guest? I've been staying there 3 or 4 times a year for the last 4 years and never had a problem. In fact I was there as recently as 3 weeks ago and it was business as usual. Are you sure we're talking about the same hotel?

Regency Park hotel Soi 22 just opposite entrance to Washington Square.

this hotel has always had mixed reports. some people report about having been charged a joiner fee others not. they seem to treat different guests differently.

often joiner fees are depending on negotiations. you can "talk them away".

drogon said:

About washington square, do you have some more info please?

I go sometimes to eat to the dubliner or bourbon street, I venture to the angel massage and to B52.

Do you know other "nightlife" venues there please?

Hi drogon,

I like this area and used to go around there more often that Cowboy/Nana - rarely ever went to Patpong.

A little further down Soi 22 from B52 is a beer bar area that can be fun. It used to attract few customers, but the demise of Clinton, Sois 10 and 13 and now Asok Plaza seems to have boosted its fortunes.

Further down still is the Imperial Queens Park hotel which has, imho, the best 5 star hotel bar in Bangkok - Sundowner. Live jazz most nights.

Across the road (Suk) from the Dubliner is the Londoner, an excellent pub - and nearby is the Robin Hood and the Bulls Head - all good spots.

And then there is Soi 33 - so much in a very small area .....

Khwai

@khwaimaisabai

As soi 33 is my favorite spot ib BKK when I want to venture myself in P4P it is very surprising that I rarely cross sukhumvit to go to washington square (except places I mentionned).

Could you tell me more about the sundowner please?

Hi drogon,

The Sundowner is opposite the main entrance, just off the lobby of the hotel. It is just the ambience of the place that I like, and the layout. there is something about it. Prices are not cheap (bottle Heineken maybe 190 baht), as in any of the big hotels and they offer snack food as well as the usual range of drinks. As far as I know they don't get the "ladies of the night" seen in Rivas or Spasso. Also, they do not have the raucous rock music of those venues. They have live jazz later (9.30+ ?)with usually a foreign performer with Thai backing musicians. Even if you are not a jazz fanatic, it is very pelasant and adds to an all round pleasant atmosphere.

Worth a stroll down Soi 22 to have a look.

To cross the road, I always used to use the pedestrian crossing by the Londoner. It is dangerous, but you just need to be careful.

Hope you enjoy it.

Khwai

Archived