Patpong and Washington

The_Munchmaster

@khwaimaisabai

Thanks, seems to be an ideal quite place where to be with a girlfriend.

About crossing thai roads (sukhumvit in particular) I use to cross with thais, I mean I wait that a group of thais cross the street and I cross with them (on sukhumvit you do not have to wait for a long time).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
samak said:

Regency Park hotel Soi 22 just opposite entrance to Washington Square.

:redflag:

Regency Park has always been my all-time favorite in BKK but unfortunatly is now to avoid.

TWO huge condominiums (both 27 storeys) have started construction progress, just at a few meters of the hotel : the 'GM Height' on the side, and the 'Metropolis' in front, quasi at the Washington Square entrance. Awful. Only the rooms with views on the Queens Park bars complex are still pratictable.

It's anyway blatant that in a few years, the Regency Park, as the Queens Park bar complex (and Washington Square of course) will not exist any more.

:(

Prosal said:It's anyway blatant that in a few years, the Regency Park, as the Queens Park bar complex (and Washington Square of course) will not exist any more.

those places will probably only vanish under the condition that the highly speculative boom in construction of high end condominiums and shopping malls continues over the next 4-5 years, which is certainly not a save bet! :neener:

khwaimaisabai said:

Across the road (Suk) from the Dubliner is the Londoner, an excellent pub - and nearby is the Robin Hood and the Bulls Head - all good spots.

Kwaimaisabai, you've got to be joking about the excellence of the Bulls Head, nothing but expat (English) 'suits' there. I watched the rugby world cup final in the Londoner when it was packed full but isn't it normally a huge bar with few customers and absolutely no atmosphere

samak said: ..... under the condition that the highly speculative boom in construction of high end condominiums and shopping malls continues over the next 4-5 years, which is certainly not a save bet! :neener:

OK :rolleyes:

Under the condition that the highly speculative boom in construction of high end condominiums and shopping malls continues over the next 4-5 years, the Regency Park, as the Queens Park bar complex (and Washington Square of course) will not exist any more.

Is it better ?

:neener:

Samak wrote:

"many of the hotter girls from the night shift were married away by farangs"

Yes, indeed, that is true; I can confirm this.

Here is my story about the New Square One Pub of the Welshman Taffy, the landlord.

I was standing at one of the tables and had a drink with him.

I looked around and then I said to him:

"Taffy, where are all your beautiful girls from last November? I made so many pictures (color slides) of your pretty and charming creatures. But now it seems as if they are all gone? Where are they?"

Taffy?s face showed some grievance. He took me by the hand and we went to the pinboard at the wall where hundreds of photos were fixed. He pointed at the pictures of some girls I recognized at once. There were all the girls I was missing in the bar.

"They are all taken out of my bar and got married by farlangs!" shouted Taffy and there was a sad and disappointed sound in his voice with a mixture of anger and rage.

"I have lost 6 girls within some months. They are married now in America, Canada, Australia and even Germany. And they were the best looking girls of my bar, of course!"

Somewhat later he went on tour in that area of the Isaan, where his wife is from searching for new talents, for new girls working in his bar.

Poor old Taffy, I can only say.

Its hard to believe now, but around a decade ago Denny's corner used to be packed solid Friday/Saturday nights and had a good sunday morning session for the hardened piss heads. The bar usually had a good crop of stock for hire.

Now its a bleak place just attracting the occasional tourist.

Actually there is a new bar starting up in WS, I think tonite is the opening party, Don't know the name but its next to the dreary Crystal bar/ Happy pub. Don't like its chances but the girl that is opening it is a young and pleasant lass.

Fatbastard said:

Actually there is a new bar starting up in WS, I think tonite is the opening party, Don't know the name but its next to the dreary Crystal bar/ Happy pub. Don't like its chances but the girl that is opening it is a young and pleasant lass.

It's unlikely to be any good, probably just another shop house with a bar counter, a fridge and not much else. Doesn't seem much point starting a bar in WS if it doesn't have much time left. Does anyone know when it will actually be pulled down? In January I heard it was going to be next year but in May the owner of another bar* said that they had had a reprieve for a couple of years.

*Opposite Denny's Corner bar on the other side of the WS entrance is a bar (don't know if it has a name) which is literally a bar counter and some stools on the corner of the pavement. Stopped there once and had a couple of black sodas. The owner, a middle aged Thai lady, was quite interesting to talk to and poured a mean BS.

Archived