Crossroads, when did you start fucking them?

Nervous_Dog

This is the type of understanding I and many other will probably never attain to. We can try but unfortunately most of us are conditioned in the western world. I think how we respond to this type of self-accessment wil say more about us than them. Not being a punter I always see them as human beings first with feelings just like the rest of us. I think BG's are much like hardened crims or bikers etc.......they cannot afford to show emotions as then you make yourself vulnerable. Two girls I know in LOS who I have posted about before. One was sent to Pattaya to find a sponsor the other was sent to BKK to work as a servent and send the money back to Burma to build the family home. Different jobs but same journey. Do I feel sorry for them yes and no. The bigger question is why. That one I cannot answer because I know and understand so little about Thai culture. Maybe I should revisit this thread in another 5 years.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the type of understanding I and many other will probably never attain to. We can try but unfortunately most of us are conditioned in the western world. I think how we respond to this type of self-accessment wil say more about us than them. Not being a punter I always see them as human beings first with feelings just like the rest of us. I think BG's are much like hardened crims or bikers etc.......they cannot afford to show emotions as then you make yourself vulnerable. Two girls I know in LOS who I have posted about before. One was sent to Pattaya to find a sponsor the other was sent to BKK to work as a servent and send the money back to Burma to build the family home. Different jobs but same journey. Do I feel sorry for them yes and no. The bigger question is why. That one I cannot answer because I know and understand so little about Thai culture. Maybe I should revisit this thread in another 5 years.

Yup, I don't think you quite get it yet.

If you want to do something useful then boycott Thai textiles or whatever the hell it is they make in these sweat shop factories. They are the REAL exploiters. Not us P4Players or the people who recruit the girls for the Gogos/bars.

You should not feel sorry for a lot of those girls in the Gogos/bars either. Like I said, a lot of them make DAMN good money and send much of it up country to pay for homes, clothes, food etc. Some are basically there because they are lazy and just end up pissing away their money. Nothing you can do would help them.

Good post actually, Bust!

Because I see them as human beings I feel sorry for them in one way or another! In discussions like this comes always up the argument of choices which I don't really see as actually on the table. The most common story is that they get sent out by their parents to support the family and most likely their own offspring. Some of them start working at a mall meet other girls who make 10 times more by prostitution and the good girl turns into a bar girl. Others get tackled by a farang and see how easy it is and others again go to the bars straight away. These girls made their choice at some point or another. I was never desperate enough to do something extreme to survive, i never had the pressure to take care of my parents financially and I never had a starving baby! I don't know how it feels for them. I guess since so many doing it it doesn't feel so bad and all their new friends are doing the same so it becomes normal after a while! I assume that if I was a girl with a 6000 baht income living in a city like BKK or PTY, seeing the wealth the farangs have and the things they buy for their thai girlfriends in the mall I work I would be courious enough to give it a shot. This however helps financially, for the least of them it improves their lives because they are getting fucked up in the process, creating more and more a lack of honesty and a lack of expressing emotions (like bust said above), and the older they get the more desperate they become unless they found someone who is taking care of her. That is the reason why I feel sorry for them, the most of them have no future, they have 10 to 15 years max to secure their lifes and when business is good they don't think about bad times, they are spending their money big time because they were dreaming about that their entire lifes! I don't care if they go with a fat bastard or if he stinks, I don't feel sorry, she could simply say "No!" but once they got a taste of the easy money they will never go back to some low paid job in a mall!

Some are basically there because they are lazy and just end up pissing away their money. Nothing you can do would help them.

I am not so sure how easy this job is when you are a stunning and busy girl, it is good money indeed but I assume it is easier selling t-shirts, having many periods a day where you can let yourself go a little and have some day dreams or thoughts for yourself instead of smiling and entertaining a person you don't really care about the entire evening and fucking with this person you don't love and waking up next to a stranger. I think the thai girls are doing a pretty good job in satisfying their customers.

Everybody has a couple of days per month where he is in a bad mood, on days like that these girls can't show it to their customers because if they do they loose money!

Maybe it is an easy job, I really don't know that, I know for me it would be the hardest job to entertain someone and smile if I don't feel like it!

Like everyone, I think BGs are as different from one another as you and me. What surprises me most is how much most of them seem to enjoy what they do.

Most women like sex as much as men, and without the "western sex guilt," it's like they are getting paid to do what they enjoy: have sex and party with "rich" farangs.

The ones I feel sorry for are the ones just off the farm (unless they are lucky enough to meet me - haha!) and the ones near the end of their shelf life.

Interestingly I've met recently a girl who's given up working in a Thai Massage arlour, one of the "Stars" she earned huge baht, regularly up to 10 000 baht a day, mind you shee was bangin up to 10 in a day also.

Now she's got a job as a girl in a sho selling beauty stuff for 8 000 a month!

She's happier, has what she wants to own (or her mum does) and is trying to work out what next

I went out to Soi 4 Ratchada lst night, great night at RAD, smoking hookers

DOG

"...Most women like sex as much as men, and without the "western sex guilt," it's like they are getting paid to do what they enjoy: have sex and party with "rich" farangs..."

Not sure where the idea that Thais see sex for money differently than we in the west, comes from. Most Thais outside of the P4P scene look down on it, think it is awful, and would love to see it stopped. The notion that it is all o.k. there is no guilt etc is not correct according to Thais here and in Thailand that I know. Also, any monk would tell you P4P (Buying or selling) is a violation of the body/mind and is NOT in accordance with Bhuddist teaching.

What may be true is Thais don't condem these people as overtly as we in the west, and they seem to turn a blind eye to it all. I will add that of the Thais I know here and in Thailand NOT connected with it, the men seem more judgemental than the women.

Yup' date=' I don't think you quite get it yet.

If you want to do something useful then boycott Thai textiles or whatever the hell it is they make in these sweat shop factories. They are the REAL exploiters. Not us P4Players or the people who recruit the girls for the Gogos/bars.

You should not feel sorry for a lot of those girls in the Gogos/bars either. Like I said, a lot of them make DAMN good money and send much of it up country to pay for homes, clothes, food etc. Some are basically there because they are lazy and just end up pissing away their money. Nothing you can do would help them.

[/quote']

With you 100% on this.

Yup' date=' I don't think you quite get it yet.

[/quote']

I thought the point raised was about understanding, not judgement. Exploitation requires conscience and the way I see it a lot of punters probably have none. Having said that a lot of the girls don't either so it is a two way street.

"...Most women like sex as much as men, and without the "western sex guilt," it's like they are getting paid to do what they enjoy: have sex and party with "rich" farangs..."

Not sure where the idea that Thais see sex for money differently than we in the west, comes from. Most Thais outside of the P4P scene look down on it, think it is awful, and would love to see it stopped. The notion that it is all o.k. there is no guilt etc is not correct according to Thais here and in Thailand that I know. Also, any monk would tell you P4P (Buying or selling) is a violation of the body/mind and is NOT in accordance with Bhuddist teaching.

What may be true is Thais don't condem these people as overtly as we in the west, and they seem to turn a blind eye to it all. I will add that of the Thais I know here and in Thailand NOT connected with it, the men seem more judgemental than the women.

Guess you're right about the Buddhist teaching violation.

Know lots of BG's who work in Samui and visit the temples around Chaweng on a very frequent base, more than they would if they were at home.

Especially Wat Plai Laem is a popular one. All during the day BG's show up there to do their 'tambun'.

Archived