"Taxi Money"--Just Another Scam

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very interesting thread. i just went through the "taxi money" thing in bkk. met a girl outside my hotel working the bar (according to her, not a bargirl just a regular waitress... who knows...) and as it got very late, she came up to the room with me. in the morning, she asked for 300 baht taxi money. i told her i could only give 150, and she prompt sulked and stared daggers at the wall. feeling a bit put-off, i tried to make amends by giving her another 100baht. she wouldn't even hold on to it, so i took it back, wished her a good day and checked out.

a bit disappointing, cause i thought that i had finally found a "civilian" girl. is this common? sadly, i may avoid staying at that hotel on my next trip, because she is bound to be there and i'd like to avoid any hassles. or perhaps she will have forgotten about it by then?

any thoughts?

eljefe said:

very interesting thread. i just went through the "taxi money" thing in bkk. met a girl outside my hotel working the bar (according to her, not a bargirl just a regular waitress... who knows...) and as it got very late, she came up to the room with me. in the morning, she asked for 300 baht taxi money. i told her i could only give 150, and she prompt sulked and stared daggers at the wall. feeling a bit put-off, i tried to make amends by giving her another 100baht. she wouldn't even hold on to it, so i took it back, wished her a good day and checked out.

a bit disappointing, cause i thought that i had finally found a "civilian" girl. is this common? sadly, i may avoid staying at that hotel on my next trip, because she is bound to be there and i'd like to avoid any hassles. or perhaps she will have forgotten about it by then?

any thoughts?

The first thoughts that come to mind are Kia neow, tight arse, Cheap Charlie and :barf:

Let me get my head around this.....

The girl stays with you all night ("civilian" or BG doesn't matter) and in the morning asks for US$ 7.50 for taxi money and you counter with $3.75....

Hey....Big Spender..........for farks sake....... consider this....maybe she needed to go home, wash off the smell of your obviously "cheap" aftershave, change, maybe buy some breakfast (as it doesn't sound like you fed her ) and return back to work........

It's a good thing you didn't let her Scam you.....shit, she might have made a dollar profit on the whole deal....

Excuse me while I go puke

:barf::yeahthat:

Behaviour like this disgusts me....Dumsoda

A bit silly to calculate in dollars while talking about scenarios in BKK don't you think?

150 Baht is a fair amount.

If you wish to pay double then go ahead but no need to get personal with others for paying less than what you would have paid in similar situations.

Zaad said:

A bit silly to calculate in dollars while talking about scenarios in BKK don't you think?

Maybe..point taken.....but most visitors (that I have met) always convert back to "Home" currency to make comparative value judgements

150 Baht is a fair amount.

I don't believe that there was sufficient information given to make this assessment

If you wish to pay double then go ahead but don't get personal with others for paying less than what you would have paid in similar situations.

Sorry, I don't (ever) wish to pay double for anything...just a fair and reasonable price...I don't consider that my response was "personal". The OP asked for comments and I gave mine...I think this action was extremely cheap...the girl asked for 300 Baht "taxi money" and was offered 150.....I don't feel the "ask" was unreasonable....I was not suggesting to pay her 600.

JMHO,

I'm entitled to that and I stand by what I wrote.

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Zaad said:
maybe she needed to go home, wash off the smell of your obviously "cheap" aftershave

I don't believe that there was sufficient information given to make this assessment.. (don't mind if I borrow your words, do you?)

:beer:

Touche !!

Don't mind at all. Please feel free. :beer: (happy to buy you one next time I'm in town. Much prefer lively debate over a couple of coldies.

On reflection, yes, I guess my "cheap" aftershave shot, could be seen to be personal.

As the board requires posters to refrain from personal attacks, I am prepared to retract THAT particular comment.

More than happy to accept KS's call and wear the decission of the Umpire.

Do I change my stance on what I originally said.....NO WAY...not as long as I breathe air. (opinions were asked for and that's what I gave....MY opinion.)

Conceed that there was insufficient information given to make the assumption that the aftershave was "cheap"

BUT, even if it was worth 2 milliom BAHT a bottle, this whole matter "reeks" like a 20 Baht copy....again ..MY opinion.

We can continue to argue (and take cheap shots at each other), but I'm not really interested in a protracted "pissing competition". If I wanted to do that, I would have bought into the...."What Stickman said Last year"...thread

Besides I've seen yours (avatar) and yours is bigger than mine 555

At the end of the day, IN MY OPINION, giving the girl 150 Baht, after she stayed the night, is Cheap....no other word for it. Next thing, Guys will be expecting it for "Free"....

Have a nice Day :scared::grinyes: :grinyes: :scared:

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Not enuff info. If B300 was ALL that she asked for after a long time, then the OP was a cunt for not giving it to her.

If she got paid for the long time and still wanted taxi money, and got pissy when it did not come, then booting her out the door was the right thing to do.

To the OP: Absolutely NO "civilian" girl in Thailand will fuck you (or even innocently go to your room) the same day you meet her. You can assured that your gal was on the game 100%.

Regards,

SD

Don't mind at all. Please feel free. (happy to buy you one next time I'm in town. Much prefer lively debate over a couple of coldies.

So do I , PM me to fix a date :)

Do I change my stance on what I originally said.....NO WAY...not as long as I breathe air.

That means that eventually.... ah fuck it. :D

Conceed that there was insufficient information given to make the assumption that the aftershave was "cheap"

BUT, even if it was worth 2 milliom BAHT a bottle, this whole matter "reeks" like a 20 Baht copy....again ..MY opinion.

Perhaps an idea for a Seinfeld episode. :)

We can continue to argue (and take cheap shots at each other), but I'm not really interested in a protracted "pissing competition". If I wanted to do that, I would have bought into the...."What Stickman said Last year"...thread

Besides I've seen yours (avatar) and yours is bigger than mine 555

Amen to that!

:beer:

wow, quite a debate i started, eh?

i guess i am guilty of being cheap then, as she neither asked nor did i offer her money for the L/T. i'll repeat, though, that i did not take her out of a beer bar or gogo-bar, and in fact i never even asked her to come up with me. her english wasn't very good, and i speak thai, so we spent about 3 hrs drinking at the bar (w/ me buying her the occasional drink) and peoplewatching. it got to about 5:30am, and we were both tired, so she asked if she could crash in my room. i had to get to leave for the airport 4hrs later, so i don't know if this even qualifies as a L/T. to be honest, i really thought (hoped?) that she was just a civilian and that we'd just snooze (i.e. sleep no s*x) in the same bed. one thing led to another and we ended up "doing it." it's a shame she got so angry, cause she was a pleasant girl up to that point, and i would've liked to have seen her again. i just have a low tolerance for girls who tell me they have NO MONEY to get home. if it was just about the money to get home (as she claimed), then 150 is plenty.

dunno. i didn't mean to be cheap. a lot of drinking and no sleep leads to poor decision-making... :-<

Archived