"Taxi Money"--Just Another Scam

Hugh_Hoy

It only started a few years ago. At least that's the first time some bargirl asked if I had "small money" for a taxi. She explained that she didn't have any small baht. Okay, she was worth another 40 baht and I thought I might want to take her again. But since then, it seems like the girls EXPECT "taxi money"...and some guys are naieve enough to give them 200+ LOL !

Guys...this is a friggin' scam, IMO. First, many girls get paid for the "lady" drinks they've sold on a daily basis. So they have "taxi money" already. Secondly, they often/usually? get a cut of the barfine you've paid. So, they already have been given "taxi money". Thirdly, hardly any bargirls live so far away that they can't walk or take a bus. And if they don't do that, they'll take a "motodop" (to borrow a Khemi term).

Yeah, years ago I used to give a regular 15 baht for a tuk-tuk ride from Soi 3 to Soi 23. I watched her leave every time. She fuckin' WALKED to save the 15 baht !!! (Of course, at that time, 15 baht was a half-day's pay in the Issan village from where she came.)

Believe me guys, these girls don't need taxi money. It's a scam to get every last baht out of you they can squeeze. They won't think you're friggin' Prince Charming if you give it to them. And they won't swallow next time either. :)

Hugh (mak)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A scam stands alone in itself. here, it's just a situation where guys have been coming for years, B-fining them, giving them money, and adding the taxi tip on it, for the asking.

Besides, I doubt there are that many guys asking themselves if it's really for a taxi ride, or if they will use the whole taxi tip on the taxi.

Slow day in your neck of the wood?

Well, it is a pretty harmless little "scam"; probably "myth" would be a better description. They know there's a good chance you will say no and no harm done and if you say yes, they just got a tip. I have had some laughable experiences with it. One time after a ST, I was asked for taxi money of which I replied I had no small money. She then said she would get change for me from the cashier of which I replied umm, get change from the note I just gave you!

Dunno why really, but I usually give a 100 baht taxi money tip for house calls without prompting, but never give any for ST/LT I go out to pick up.

It really is a matter of "it doesn't hurt to ask".

Case in point. I just recently went with a gal whom I have been with before. Not often, but she is a good performer and I give her B2K long time. She knows the score and we never discuss it. I go to her bar and after a couple of drinks tell her let's go LT. She replies "OK, B4K" seriously. Thinking that she has a better offer or has simply gotten too full of herself, I just say "No" and go about my business, putting my barfine money back into my pocket. About 30 seconds later, she sticks her hand out for the BF money.

OK, cut to the AM. I slip B2K into her pocket as usual. She says "Give me B500 more." I say simply "No". She shrugs and skips out the door. I figure that she is probably now out of my league as I will not pay that much (B2K is at the top of the food chain in my world).

I find myself back in her bar a couple of days later. I figured that she would not be bothered with me. I was wrong. She drops the customer she is sitting with, runs over to where I am sitting, jumps in my lap and starts sucking my tongue out of my mouth. No problem at all.

As I said, "it never hurts to ask" is a BG motto.

Cheers,

SD

Archived