Bhuddist Tattoos/Photos

Old Hippie

Preparing the needles...

DSC_005357D.jpg

DSC_005256D.jpg

Beginning work...

DSC_004852D.jpg

DSC_005155D.jpg

Praying and chanting is part of the ritual...

DSC_006670D.jpg

DSC_006165D.jpg

DSC_004347D.jpg

DSC_004549D.jpg

Time for a smoke break...

DSC_0103107D.jpg

Some finished samples...

37fed627.jpg

DSC_004650D.jpg

The temple is open daily, except for holidays. I think a few different Monks do this, and the one grand Monk is most famous for it, and is highly sought after. The tattos I believe are done on a donation basis. I saw one woman there with a few on her back, which seems odd, as one of the rules for wearing these tattos is not to touch a woman's blouse or skirt, especially if she is menstrating (got that off the web sight).

Hygenic standards seem basic, but I guess they do a lot of them, and have a good record of no infections...

This was an interest day trip from BKK, about 1/5 hours from BKK. The temple is Wat Bang Phra, in Nakhon Pathum. There are 2 temples, the one doing the ink is further down from the first one, on the right side of the same road.

Other attractions in the area are Rose Garden (close/on the way) a Royal elephant ground of some sort, and Bang Phra Stupa, which has some unique distinction, which escapes me at the moment, maybe some one can check lonely planet...?

This is a very farang friendly temple, but I didn't see any other farangs there. Check out the giant fish in the river next to the temple.

The fish...

c2a7d1f0.jpg

de25c421.jpg

Fish feeding makes merit...

58087abb.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived