Bhuddist Tattoos/Photos

Old Hippie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been hearing a lot of controversy on this topic. Some girls in BKK told me "this is against the law..." or "the real monks don't do this the monk doing this is not same real monk..." andthe issue of the monks tattooing women remains a serious issue with some.

One of the monks at "mt temple" here said these tattoos are done by certain monks, and equated it to the monks who make amulets and other "protective" devices of a spiritual manner. I asked about the Monks touching women, and he said it was possible. Apparently, monks can touch a woman in certain circumstances, including saving her life, protecting her, helping her etc, so he said it is possible that some monks might consider this to fall into this category. He said the issue of women receiving these tattoos remains controversial. My understanding is, the practice in generel is frowned upon by various authorities.

OH,

Just checked with the missus. From the old days monks were not allowed to do tatts, however, nowadays many monks do tatts, but it's still not the right thing to do........ women are a no no.

Monks doing tatts aren't from Samui btw, the Samui monks don't do that, these monks come from somewhere else, like Isaan......eh.......duh.............

"...women are a no no..."

So the question is, who does these women? I know Angolina Jolle had a few done by a famous Monk, which was widely pulicized, and no out cry about it, or reprocussions...so well who knows...I know a lot of women have the "invisable" ones, done with oil...

No, I seem to recall shegot one in Thailand, perhapes not from a Monk? A guy in my Thai class claims he got one from the same Monk who drifts in and out of Malayasia or something...I'll look into it...not a big deal to me, just curious...if not down by a monk, or more specifically, a Specific Monk, than does it have any protective powers...? This really a facinating topic...maybe you can call Fly and ask? Serious on that one...

Archived