is it true you can shoot a cow with a bazzuka in ?

belfastish

Guest lazyphil

<<as I said, it is a compleate waste of a valuable resource in a poor country.>>

Surely economics drive the cow and rocket deal, they wont do this if not in their favor, it *has* to be and must be a profitable thing but not a savory thing to do.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<What a sickening thread. There is little doubt that those who take *pleasure* in hurting or killing people or animals are mentally sick. Try it in most places, and you will rightly be locked away.>>

There isn't prison space for the 1 million+ active anglers in the uk, coarse fisherman catch and release. We might be mental but will not be locked up. Have in you ever been in a slaughterhouse?..I have, a friend of mine worked in one, I had a look inside and it wasn't a pretty site, trust me, you see when you buy your meat all packed and sealed in Carerfour/Tescos etc we forget this animal lived a really very miserable life (doubtless even more so in Thailand) getting pumped with drugs in a tiny pen, abused to be butchered. Do we as routine insist we buy cosmetics that have not been in a Beagles eye, honestly........just because we dont get pleasure from knowing a beast suffered from our needs to eat them or not get pleasure from the Beagle who had nasty things go on in his eyes and other parts of his/her anatomy for the Pharma and cosmetics industrys does not make it easier for the animals involved, these creatures suffer far more than a cow getting a direct hit from a gredade launcher :(

lazyphil said:

<<What a sickening thread. There is little doubt that those who take *pleasure* in hurting or killing people or animals are mentally sick. Try it in most places, and you will rightly be locked away.>>

There isn't prison space for the 1 million+ active anglers in the uk, coarse fisherman catch and release. We might be mental but will not be locked up. Have in you ever been in a slaughterhouse?..I have, a friend of mine worked in one, I had a look inside and it wasn't a pretty site, trust me, you see when you buy your meat all packed and sealed in Carerfour/Tescos etc we forget this animal lived a really very miserable life (doubtless even more so in Thailand) getting pumped with drugs in a tiny pen, abused to be butchered. Do we as routine insist we buy cosmetics that have not been in a Beagles eye, honestly........just because we dont get pleasure from knowing a beast suffered from our needs to eat them or not get pleasure from the Beagle who had nasty things go on in his eyes and other parts of his/her anatomy for the Pharma and cosmetics industrys does not make it easier for the animals involved, these creatures suffer far more than a cow getting a direct hit from a gredade launcher :(

I knew somebody would bring up slaughterhouses sooner or later. Hopefully the most humane methods are used. Still not in the same league as blasting at helpless animals with RPGs for the sheer pleasure of it and no guarantee of a direct hit.

As for filling animals up with hormones and using them for cosmetics whatever that's pretty disgusting too.

Guest lazyphil

<<I knew somebody would bring up slaughterhouses sooner or later. Hopefully the most humane methods are used. Still not in the same league as blasting at helpless animals with RPGs for the sheer pleasure of it and no guarantee of a direct hit.>>

In the eyes of a vegan they're very close indeed and well unless you're/we/I/him/her a vegetarian/vegan non of us can lecture the rights and wrongs of animal welfare, like i said, i'm not a big fan of the idea of cow blasting, i'm not comfortable about the realitys of animal processing for the supermarket trade either.....both are un necerasary.

lazyphil said:

<<I knew somebody would bring up slaughterhouses sooner or later. Hopefully the most humane methods are used. Still not in the same league as blasting at helpless animals with RPGs for the sheer pleasure of it and no guarantee of a direct hit.>>

In the eyes of a vegan they're very close indeed and well unless you're/we/I/him/her a vegetarian/vegan non of us can lecture the rights and wrongs of animal welfare, like i said, i'm not a big fan of the idea of cow blasting, i'm not comfortable about the realitys of animal processing for the supermarket trade either.....both are un necerasary.

Oh I don't know. I think you can eat meat and still have a say in how its raised and slaughtered. I know what you're saying of course but I think you've wandered off the topic of the thread (having fun with bazookas).

Guest lazyphil

<<Oh I don't know. I think you can eat meat and still have a say in how its raised and slaughtered>>

Indeed you can chew it over down the Black Bull over a beer or two, debate what can be done to improve the situation but does it stop you eating meat prepared cruelly????....answer=NO!...I think I'm very much on topic, its all under one umbrella!

lazyphil said:

<<Oh I don't know. I think you can eat meat and still have a say in how its raised and slaughtered>>

Indeed you can chew it over down the Black Bull over a beer or two, debate what can be done to improve the situation but does it stop you eating meat prepared cruelly????....answer=NO!...I think I'm very much on topic, its all under one umbrella!

Killing is killing of course but I'm not sure how you can compare meat processing for food consumption with using tethered cows for target practice. Maybe slaughterhouses could charge folk for going in and having a go with the old stun gun? Kill your own meat. Take the kids and make a family outing of it. Come to think of it there might be a lot more vegetarians around. :)

I can rationalize (or just ignore) the meat industry part. It's still the killing for fun I have trouble with.

Guest lazyphil

<<It's still the killing for fun I have trouble with>>

Like I said or tried too, it makes no difference to the beast if you had fun or not, they're not interested it your sensibilities. Try looking at this from a beasts POV!

lazyphil said:

<<It's still the killing for fun I have trouble with>>

Like I said or tried too, it makes no difference to the beast if you had fun or not, they're not interested it your sensibilities. Try looking at this from a beasts POV!

That's certainly true. Darn it I've been looking at it from my own narrow human perspective all the time. So how does having bovine vision differ from the 'whatever turns your crank' school of thought? ::

Just for the record LP I eat meat and like to go fishing (but not with dynamite).

Archived