Gout

packy

Packy,

:My doctor in PNS just prescribed NABUMETONE 750MG tablets. I use ALTACE for the blood pressure. Before he'd scripted me indomethycin(sp).

I'm in PTTY the first couple days of Oct. Fly out of PNS on the 13th sept. Glad to eat breakfast one day over on soi chaiyapoon.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something you might want to look into taking is diclofenac sodium. It can be used for gout and is a real good anti-inflammatory. A strip of ten can be bought for 28 baht. If you need quick relief, use diclofenac potassium which is the same active ingredient but responds almost immedately.

What you said. I get gout, both big toe joints every couple of months.

Voltaren

Generic Name: diclofenac (dye KLOE fen ak)

Brand Names: Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR

3 or 4 of the "rapid 25" pills will nix the gout in 1 hour or less. Only sometimes do I need to continue the medication for a whole day or more.

Great for hangovers too.

Cheers

Coss

I have had gout since 18 (now 49). Tried all the food and diets worked for a bit but it is a pain in the arse trying to stick to the diet. As Torney said I take one 100ml tablet of Zyloprim every day. It allows me to live a normal life eat and drink what I like. I have had about 2 attacks in 10 years. If you get an attack you must stop Zyloprim and take Naprosyn and plenty of water. The trouble with Naprosyn is that it can cause stomach problems always take it with milk or with food.

"I take one 100ml tablet of Zyloprim every day. It allows me to live a normal life eat and drink what I like. I have had about 2 attacks in 10 years."

I have had the same problem for over 20 years and I take Zyloprim (300mg) which is a brand name and each tablet contains Allopurinol (just reading the packet)....it used to give me severe gut-ache and the runs.... but now my gut can handle it....although I dont need to take a tablet every day....I avoid .....mainly tomato's...and seafood (shelfish) and believe it or not "Peas"......and OK the grog doesn't help! Have been advised that these tablets eventually fuck-up your kidney's so I have regular check-up every 6 months and drink plently of water.....(sometimes).

Once I had gastro (tong seah) and it was coming out of both ends at the same time....this really stirred the acid up and I had gout (hopping around) and trying not to shit my pants at the same time....funny now...but then really distressing - 5555555

Ongchaiyai, you're another board member who seems to have difficulty replying to another members post.

For example you have copied part of Zob65's post, then replied to Torneyboy and pasted Zob's statement, giving the impression that TB was the one who made the statement you are replying to (and we all know that TB's posts are never that long :hubba: ).

It really is much easier to just reply to the person who made the statement using the 'quote this post' feature.

In this case it doesn't really matter, but in some threads which are perhaps a bit more controversial or heated then replying to one poster while quoting another can be annoying, particularly for the poster who never said it.

Just a little bit of advice. :thumbup:

Archived