September Contest's photos are up

khunsanuk

deadringer said:

Not every photo of a girl in a bar is a hooker, or models around poles. Not very nice to automatically assume pics of thai ladies are those of hookers. After all is'nt this what we complain about when people at home make ignorant comments about thailand who just assume every thai lady is at it

With all respect, YOU are making that assumption, I only asked a question, after having checked all pics. Make your own conclusions.

And I guess I have experience enough about Thailand as well.

BB

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right. That was a contemptuous remark, it would have been easy to use a word that doesn't have belittling connotations in more than a few instances.

I dunno, BB, just say you are disappointed so many shots of thai women seem from the scene, but coming back to tell KS you meant nothing with this comment, is unsincere. I cannot help thinking that being married to a non sex-worker has you looking down on others who still partake.

Guest lazyphil

<<With all respect, YOU are making that assumption, I only asked a question, after having checked all pics.>>

It was a question loaded with an answer, thats how it looked anyway. You seem to be stirring, why I dont know ::.....

Interesting, the shots really look from outside the active board, the dancing one I mean, (the other, lesbos kiss pose from the same chicks is hard to pinpoint for the topic idea, but receivable, they are thai women, I do not doubt!) it's definitely choreographed in a specifically chosen place with a pole.

Not crazy about it, hardly original in frame and intention, light is a bit cold, but gave it a good note, for photography, choereography and fine bodies.

I'd like to check his other shots, I mean, the country, its people, its scenes.

I dunno, BB, just say you are disappointed so many shots of thai women seem from the scene, but coming back to tell KS you meant nothing with this comment, is unsincere. I cannot help thinking that being married to a non sex-worker has you looking down on others who still partake.
At least you understand that I am dissapointed in the quality of the contest, but I did not reply to KS that I meant nothing with my comment, nor was I unsincere.

Nor am I married, no matter to whom, because that is not relevant here.

My point is that Thailand is just way more than hookers, but that this board / contest is quite restrictive when it comes down to it.

It was a question loaded with an answer, thats how it looked anyway. You seem to be stirring, why I dont know .....
Looking back, was I would have to admit it was a bit loaded......, but surely expressed my opinion, is this not what the board is all about ?
Looks like I was not alone in my opinion, and seeing that others have already commented on it I will refrain.
Nice to feel spared :p

BB

Hi,

Sorry, BB, doesn't fly.

There are only 5 or so pictures that definitely indicate bargirls, all others (including those of girls sleeping!) could just as well be regular girls.

It is *your* assumption that they are all bargirls.

And as for being disappointed in the quality, this is not a photography board. Besides, didn't see an entry from you either.

Sanuk!

More than ever I am glad I decided against entering a picture of my wife.

Same same here..

It was a question loaded with an answer, thats how it looked anyway. You seem to be stirring, why I dont know .....

It all seemed to start when the mods were retrenched.

the board is what it is, we had the argument over it being solely nightlife before, and I think for a nightlife board, it's doing not too bad in many different subjects, thanks to people like you, and others who can talk about a lot of different subjects.

For the photo contest, It's hard to take candid or close-up shots of nice women, I've taken photos ever since I travelled, and I probably have just a few dozens of portraits of young and attractive women. but Hundreds of kids, thousands of temples! :D

So, if people are not too taken in by photography, chances are the shots of young women they have are ones they have met. If it happens that they are sex workers, then be it. Most of the shots are friendly, smiling portraits, I dunno, its' nice I'd say.

BTW, yes, if you did not send in anything this month, what is the reason?

khunsanuk said:There are only 5 or so pictures that definitely indicate bargirls, all others (including those of girls sleeping!) could just as well be regular girls.
Oh... you mean regular guys will take regular pics of their regular girls when sleeping and post it on the net ???? I stand corrected then.... :D :D
khunsanuk said:It is *your* assumption that they are all bargirls.
Nope, you assumed it after I asked a question....
khunsanuk said:And as for being disappointed in the quality, this is not a photography board. Besides, didn't see an entry from you either.
You mean when I commented earlier on suggestions, you promptly deleted all my posts ???? You are bloody right that you dont see an entry from me. Just tell me if comments are restricted to participants, ok ?

BB

Archived