Thank You UBC!

Sarisin

I never thought I'd be writing that subject line...

But, as of yesterday it appears that UBC (here in BKK anyway) is finally airing commercials on cable broadcasts - something not done since I have been here (9+ years). Why, it just makes a certified coach potato feel like going out and buying a Rolex or booking a trip to the Maldives.

I know most of you could care less, but, damn it is wonderful to not have to see that ever-present, static red screen and hear that Hucky and Harvey music in the background ad infinitum.

While none of those commercials will ever win a Peabody (although the DHL ones are OK at first), and I am sure in a few weeks I will view these commercials with contempt, for now, way to go UBC!!!

And here was me thinking that the poor lil sod who is always 3-4 seconds late pressing the "Red Screen" Button had disappeared to Paranburi with his mia noi for the weekend.

I must admit the ISP ad that shows chinese farmers attempting to eat pizza with chop sticks appeals to my warped humour :p

Not sure about that ND. Today is the 9th and still no Red Screen of Death - thankfully.

No matter as I am headed back to the USA this week where the commercials get tiresome...at least none of those really, really annoying political ones like last year!

Archived