Nanaplaza redesign / restructuring

khunsanuk

-Thank you for your feedback-

You're welcome :up:

I prefer FusionBB over vBulletin.

It seems user-friendlier to me and nicely organized.

But must honestly admit that any would do it for me. I like it here because the available info on Thailand, message board and other extra's.

Will get it one way or another but understand that a nicer-looking board with better features and other crap should make life on the net easier for us all.

In the end the members get what they deserve.

Thanks KS & Jigger

:beer:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only thing that needs to be kept is that many posts can be read at once, like this page,

A few lists I am on changed to a original post and then you had to open each reply by itself, that sucks,

I want to be able to read / skim a page of replys if I have been offline for days etc..

I really see nothing wrong with how the message board part is set-up and barely go to the other sections...

OC

Hi,

Alholk:

"would love to help you if I can do it"

Appreciated, but I do not think we need to do much programming, just installing of software. And of course graphics work (which is what we need others for).

Still, the offer is certainly appreciated.

OCgringo:

"The only thing that needs to be kept is that many posts can be read at once, like this page,"

That will not be a problem as both new boads can handle the same kind of display options as this one.

Sanuk!

Khunsanuk;

I appreciate your asking every one what they think.

After saying that, I know that I have a lot of the skills that you are asking for as I am a web designer and IS manger for a living.

That said, I am sometimes put off by the way you dominate the board and consider it your board and not everyones. I understand that you have a huge time commitment and a monetary commitment to maintaining this board for every ones use. I can help both technically and monetarily, but I don't know why I should since it will only be used for your benefit/dominance. The board would not exist without everyones commitment to it and some posters look like they could not exist without it.

I don't use the board very much, except right before I come to visit BKK to see whats changed. I will be there in BKK on Nov 12 through Dec 4 and if you want to contact me to discuss my help/concerns I can let you know where I will be staying and you can contact me. I would not expect to be remunerated for my help, just trying to see the overall picture here. This is not a flame, but a question.

E-mail me if you want.

Thanks,

Milford

i know nothing about how Boards like these are run or started but i think you are a little unfair to KS.

KS certainly does not dominate the Board,he rarely posts compared to retards like me.

and you complain that he considers it 'his' Board?.

i may be wrong but i thought it was because he started it and maintains it?.

i agree the Board will soon disappear without Members who have nothing else better to do then view and post.

but those Members would have remained nameless if KS had not started the Board in the first place.

I'm not trying to be unfair.

Just from the way I have viewed the board on and off since way before my reged date of 2001 I have thought some of his actions and comments and statements have not been that of a fellow member, but more like a potentate.

I understand that there are issues in Thailand that are best not discussed on this board or the board will be eliminated by "the powers that can" faster than I reply to your post.

I guess I was just wondering why I should donate my time and money to help someone else that as far as I see it maintains strict control of this board in a dominate sort of way.

Maybe he has a select group of individuals he consults before he makes decisions/comments. I don't know?? I am just asking so I understand.

Maybe I misphrased my comments/questions, if I did I'm sorry. I'm not meaning to offend/piss off any one.

I am not going to go back through the archives and clip a bunch of snip-its to justify why I ask this question. I am just asking.

Sorry if I seem unfair, just want to know that I am helping all on the board and not just one person.

Thanks,

Milford

Hi,

Ok, guess I need to reply to this (I do hope this does not go off topic though).

Do I control and rule the board? Yes, no denying that.

However, I think that it is necessary for one person to be in control. Democracy on a message board does not work, it will result in anarchy and that *will* kill a message board. (good proof of this is (was?) the 'Anything Goes' board)

And if there is to be one person in charge then I think it would be only fair that that person would be me.

As for the consulting, yes I do discuss things with the moderators before making any radical decisions. I am also tend to listen to request & suggestions from users, and am well aware of the fact that they (i.e. the users) are just as important to this board as I am.

In the end though the final decision is always mine.

I personally think that I am being fairly level-headed and fair (nobody is 100% unbiased), but I am certain there are those who disagree. There always are.

Anyway, I am glad you brought this up, as I am sure there are others who feel the same, and I hope that you realize that by helping me you are helping all of us.

Sanuk!

Khunsanuk,

Yes I do realize that by helping I am helping all.

I do appreciate your response and I do appreciate that you are not offended by my post(s), because truly that was not my intent.

I think I should have followed a fellow board member's e-mail to me concerning this subject and PM'd you so it did not look like a flame. You could have and probably would have answered my concerns in private.

I agree, there are fuckoffs that screw everything up for everyone and just get their kicks by seeing who they can piss off.

I spend most of my time setting security levels and updating anti virus software just so the web sites that I support and design don't get blown off the net.

As I said in my first message, I will be in BKK 11-12 through 12-4 and if you would like my help with anything before that or when I am there, please e-mail me and let me know how or if I can help.

Last of all, lest I seem ungrateful, I realize how much time it takes to monitor and maintain a message board of this nature and do sincerely want to offer my thanks for all you and the moderators do.

Thanks,

Milford

Archived