Nanaplaza redesign / restructuring

khunsanuk

Hi,

"Though perhaps there is a PHP baise around these quarters?"

We are running on a Linux server which means using PHP is the prefered choice.

I am also more comfortably writing PHP myself (although can program ASP as well).

Anyway, thanks for the input, and yes I too think a CMS + board is the way to go.

Sanuk!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been brought up, as I havent read all the posts, but...

There's a nice feature on a few other boards I use. While viewing messages, clicking the posters name will open a small dialogue box giving you the option to view their profile, send a pm, view their gallery, etc. Very handy.

Hey all.

I do not know anything about your site, but I saw a link to here from the FusionBB boards, and I decided to come in here and let you all know that the FusionBB program is second to none.

Back in 1999 (and for a few years after that) I ran message boards for a top 15 internet company. We used UBB (classic) and other programs like Fusetalk and custom forums. I personally started my own message board site using UBB Classic in 2001, converted it to UBB Threads and used that until the beginning of this year, when I switched to FusionBB. My motorsports site Motorsports Lounge was the first live site to use the program (under beta) and I couldn't be happier.

Both my websites use FusionBB exclusively, and my members haven't been disappointed. To check out some of what you can do, check out my sites:

http://www.motorsportslounge.com

http://www.gamerslounge.com

Again, not trying to advertise my sites here, but poke around and see what you see there. I do not think you will be disappointed with FusionBB. The program is feature rich, the support is outstanding, and the server load is low.

Thanks.

Hi,

The changes will likely take some time as we still have a major decision to make, the decision of which CMS / message board combination to use.

Everything else is secondary to this decision, which is why it will likely take some time. To be honest I kinda doubt we'll get everything done before the end of the year.

Sanuk!

Hi Khun Sanuk,

For the new website how about a UBB TEST forum with a [color:"red"]pinned post[/color] of instructions so members can test :

1. pictures

2. formatting

3. colour schemes and highlights

4. polls

Cheers,

John_Betong

PS Please explain why the following code does not display the picture or is it my status has changed?

bum_001.gif

Archived