Nanaplaza redesign / restructuring

khunsanuk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to put some of the articles into a new section marked

"must reads for newbies"

Before some of the site was only for premium members, so that might be a reason why some of the articles get so few hits.

In my opinion, those articles answer many typical newbie questions and are well written. It might be a help to tourists to LOS. Thai ID is one, butterfly rules is another, scams, etc. etc.

just a thought.

Hi Khun Sanuk,

It appears the hiccup is firstly due to finding that the title is empty/blank. Maybe if you try and find the relevant code and insert the following:

<input type='text' name='postmessage' value='I FORGOT TO INCLUDE A TITLE - SPOT THE LOONY' size='18'>

Cheers,

John_Betong

I've read this long thread with great interest mainly because I'm a developer by trade but also because I'm an avid user of the board.

I gotta agree with some of the very early post regarding the future/updates of the site. You need to get away from the simple message board mentality and think CMS. This will allow you to meet all of your current and future requirements, with the added bonus of generating a new site which a well-thought structure and easy-to-use navigation system. New content or edits can be performed from within the browser itself and by anyone that has simple word processor capabilities without the need for any HTML knowledge. Addtionally today's modern CMS have sophisticated security models which permit different roles for different users at the page level of even down to the module level within a page.

There are a number of great free CMS out there. A few have been mentioned already but I would like to throw DotNetNuke into the ring. Though perhaps there is a PHP baise around these quarters?

Theres an abundance of excellent free DotNetNuke modules already available which would more than satisfy your requirements and of course, the obligatory message board is still there in module form.

Well thats thoughts on this. I'II sit back now and wait for the heckling from the PHP community.

Archived