What is a " GiG "

BadaBing

Ok , yahoo chat awhile back remember this term used as for a relationship. More recent again , used as " i like him , him like me , no serious " as quoted by her , uni student. I did try to equate as same-same as booty call , didnt hit home to her.

Is this the new term for " fuck me and dont be here when i wake up " ?

Old fart just trying to keep current..... :grinyes:

Bada :beer: Bing

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bar girls tend to use it to mean somebody the guy are shagging, but just for the hell of it -- nothing serious. (Probably some Thai guy.) I suspect a uni girl might use it differently!

I've asked uni girls several times about the doufas boyfriend they were going with and got the reply back that he was just someone to hang around with. It was platonic and she had no intention of marrying the guy. But if she didn't have a boyfriend, the other girls might think she couldn't get one! Never heard one call him a "gig" though.

p.s. Maybe they mean he's a geek!

Gig used to refer to an engagement by a musician to play somewhere.

Then it meant something to do with work- generally short term.

Sex is a great description for the word gig- does not last more than a few nights and somebody gets paid at the end.

LOL, not English, Himmi, pasat Thai! Bada's pretty much got it right. A gig is a "fuck buddy". Money does not change hands usually.

An "older" definitation is a non-serious relationship, meaning something not expected to lead to marriage. But same-same really.

Cheers,

SD

Himmi, absolutely. In fact I just heard it last night from a gal with whom I was playing pool. It was a bar that has some freelancers and some (but not all) staff on the P4P game, so I was not sure her situation. She said "I want you to be my gig!" And I jokingly responded "Gigs are good. Short times cost money!" She shook her head and laughed in approval.

Cheers,

SD

Term didn;t even exist until about 2 years ago when it became popular due to a famous soap opera.

Means exactly as Suadan said, fuck buddy, or a person you fuck but have not romantic attashment, the word is more in the uni crowd than the bargirl crowd, and interestingly, for the first time last week I heard it used in Laos, which I hadn;t on previous trips this year.

Funny enough, my wife who loves soaps was embarred that I taught her the expression, apparently she was watching the wrong program and missed its sudden popularity

DOG

Archived