Married

Nervous_Dog

Well, after two attempts to marry me DarLek and I finally tied the legal knot today.

You?ll remember DarLek marrying me by surprise, first by holding a ?Welcome to the Family? ceremony, which half way through I realised was a wedding ceremony, then again a year or two later, taking me to ?Register the unborn baby? at the Australian Embassy only to discover she thought I could marry her on the spot. (That takes a months notice, poor girl, good try though).

This time, as usual, it came up suddenly, as I was getting some papers translated, and the translators forwarded them unintentionally to the marriage verification people (ok - fibbing a bit here, it was planned, but I thought I had to get the papers registered, the translator saved me a few days work by doing it for me, 100bah!) and next thing I know, . . . we can get married.

So . . . apparently in Thailand there is no notice period required, so yesterday, all the papers in hand, I said, FUCKIT - OK, Let?s do it Friday arvo.

I called Gumminut yesterday, who said, ?What?s new? to which I replied, OH, I forgot, I?m getting married tomorrow and seeing Ranger tonight?

Gummi, being smarted than the average gummi bear, quickly pointed out a night with Ranger is a Bucks Night out.

Called Suadan and Goatscroat, and a bachelor party was on!

The man from the north called early on, so we ended up having a pretty good, 3 hour notice bucks party!

To quote Ranger ?Every night with me is a bucks party?

Good man!

Today, with my office manager, engineer and maid as witnesses we marched of to the local registry, and did the deed.

Apart from a few hiccups, where they tried to marry first to my office manager, then the engineer I finally got tied legally to the DarLek.

Good on ye, ND.

Now, next time you come to VT we have two things to belatedly celebrate.

I suppose, U being a married man, now we have to keep you protected from the evils of the illegitimate flesh.

That's Ok, there is less of that here then in BKK.

Thanks guys, never got around to it was amazingly painless and almost free! 5 baht for a p/copy, and by CUSTOM, the bloke running it made me pay the two witness 2 baht each!

<<well done, lets hope you'll be faithfull or it would all be a bit meaningless. >>

Errr - I'm not marrying you Paul!

Archived