Transit Passengers

Did anybody really open the link......It clearly says there is a hotel in Term 1 and 2...Hello?????

Opps, long time member....Sorry All BUT please look at the link

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I just looked at the hotel name and recognized Miracle Grand and knew where it was.

Well OK, using your link, there is even less to know. Follow the signs that look like this:

day_pic1.jpg

See, it says "Dayrooms." It is likely up one of the escalators to the small airlines Biz Class lounges nearby the terminal duty-free shops.

What do you need to know? Same program. Generally no rez needed. Go there. Ask for a room. Sleep. Catch your plane. The only difference is that you DO NOT go through immigration or customs. So be sure that a) you have a change of clothes and necessary toiletries in your carryon; and B) your checked bags are thru-checked to Manilla and not Bangkok; and c) have a boarding pass for your BKK-MNL flight (tho' you can do that at the transit desk if you cannot do it at your origin).

Regards,

SD

Hi - I went to the Airport of Thailand website which DOESN:T show a day hotel - but I know one is there!

However, when you go to your link it says, "2 minutes walking anywhere in htel"

YET - you click on faciliteis and you get "

Located on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road just 10 minutes drive south of Bangkok International Airport and adjacent to the Express way with a fast connection to Central Bangkok. "

ARGGGHHHH

If it exists, why dont they show where on the map!

I know it does as a mate stayed there, on Arrival floor I am sure, but it doesn;t show on maps!

Man I just looked at the rates -- B3500 for 10 hours?

If it were me, I would through check my bags to MNL, save a carryon with a change of clothes and some toiletries, catch a cab to Cowboy (~250 baht)! grab a room at the Penny Black or Asoke Place (~B1000 LT), have some drinks and/or girls (B2000 for a few drinks a BF and a ST) and catch a cab back in the AM (~B250). All totaled, B3500!

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

I used it once and didn't know the rates in advance. When they told me I nearly did what SD suggested but I was too tired. Room is OK but has no window as it's inside the building. Else very expensive as the class is the same as a cheaper european motel.

elef

suadum said:

No, I just looked at the hotel name and recognized Miracle Grand and knew where it was.

Well OK, using your link, there is even less to know.

Seems we know much more...like it isn't the MG, where I stayed many times, etc

Follow the signs that look like this:

day_pic1.jpg

See, it says "Dayrooms." It is likely up one of the escalators to the small airlines Biz Class lounges nearby the terminal duty-free shops.

What do you need to know? Same program. Generally no rez needed. Go there. Ask for a room. Sleep. Catch your plane. The only difference is that you DO NOT go through immigration or customs. So be sure that a) you have a change of clothes and necessary toiletries in your carryon; and B) your checked bags are thru-checked to Manilla and not Bangkok; and c) have a boarding pass for your BKK-MNL flight (tho' you can do that at the transit desk if you cannot do it at your origin).

Regards,

SD

thanks for all the tips....kind of like reading a Sally Travel liest of how to do....Great stuff, I'll enhance my time as a UA Million Miler and long time 1K......If I have an questions of travel in general may I PM you for your help????

Salamat Po and away I go.....

The master of info whom couldn't even read a web site is not what I would consider a good source......Let's see...The suggestion relagates me to the LOW LEVEL of sex tourist, no one knows how much time I have at the airport, I hate Soi Cowboy......

Now that we have heard from those whom think that credability rests in post counts, hence the non responsive posts, can anyone tell me what I want to know. No , Wait, I'll be in and out of LOS before I need that hotel and can wander up the escellator between leaving the UA Red Carpet room and Gate 36....For he Nai-bobs here...Note that I make no mention of changing my money back from Baht. OOOOOPS, I have a Bangkok Bank Acct and my home personal bankers waives the transfewr fees so I just use the Bank Card Provided......KKK. I would suggestg that one of Maurice Chevelier most famous songs become the board theme!

Archived