priority waiting list on star alliance

Noticed tonight on the net that the best timetable for my next flight is with OS but it seems monday morning flight from Vienna to Paris is already fully booked. With the ROP gold card I'm guaranteed a seat on a TG flight if on the waiting list. What are the odds to get that same seat on Austrian Airlines as i really don't want to be stranded in Vienna and reach Paris after miday.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the odds are pretty good as you're on highest priority just behind a few possible OS/LH gold holders.

Surpriced recently to get cleared from supposedly 'heavy' waiting list with only silver on SQ in less than 1 day, so don't hold your breath!

Anyways keep the confirmed TG reservation & then hold onto the wait listed OS untill it gets confirmed at which point let the TG slide...

Most agents should allow that especially if on full fare Y/biz?

Eco only but no V/W booking class, poor boy and mostly going to relax this time. Thanks for your input, I'll be checking with my travel agent tomorow. TG can be sorted last minute but really their timetable suck (leaving 1pm and landing 6.45 am on the way back ::)

BB is right that guaranteed seatings applies only for certain booking class codes. but TG does not specify which code. so maybe they talk last minute passenger on a TG flight which is already overbooked into paying full fare (guess that would be Y for economy and C for biz)!?!

your travel agency should be able to check your current ranking on the waiting list on the OS flight; from this you can guess your chances.

there are hordes of passengers who have star alliance gold! it depends on mileage as well.

i also get pretty often only waiting list for my prefered flight on TG or another star alliance carrier, but usually get always confirmed (the last time i did not get on a flight of my choice is years back, but usually i do reservation well in advance, many times on multiple flights).

I've only tried it once... actually it was the GF of the week. She had a silver card, and wanted to book a flight to OZ for two or three days later (same flight I had already booked). It was full, but they called the morning of the flight (late night departure) and got her a seat no problems. Wasn't cheap though.

samak said:

i also get pretty often only waiting list for my prefered flight on TG or another star alliance carrier, but usually get always confirmed (the last time i did not get on a flight of my choice is years back).

:yeahthat: But I usually do last minute reservations due to the nature of my biz. Still the same results as K. Samak tho'.

Cheers,

SD

Went to book it this morning and within a couple of hours had the missing leg confirmed, didn't even use the ROP number actually. Could double check it on the website but perhaps some guys will confirm faster. We get full miles credited on Q booking class right??

898 euros BTW, fares ain't getting cheaper with increased airport security and fuel prices...

Archived