Child Sex Charges v Heroin Trafficking.

bust

Guest lazyphil

live and let live with drugs, let people be...however, like another poster said, who wants heroin and crack junkies robbing you, stealing your car stereo, mugging you etc etc etc....drug trafficing doesn't really help society much.....legalise it perhaps, make it accessable to them to save the rest of us the hassles?...until legal it will remain a menace :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK here goes. Let's say for example alcohol suddenly became illegal. You would still be able to buy it but at a rather inflated price. So the old alcho down the park can no longer buy his cheap wine or whisky as he no longer can afford it. So what does he do. He starts smashing your car window to pinch the change out of your ashtray or bashing and robbing the old man on his way home from the corner store. But again the people controlling the flow of alcohol would be the ones making the money. Give a junkie free heroin and watch the crime rate take a sharp dive. But at the same time there would be some mighty pissed off politicians/businessmen. Unfortunately people like Van Nyuan are victims of a much more sinister issue than drug trafficking. At the end of the day it's all about supply and demand.

until legal it will remain a menace

Phil, I couldnt agree more. Setup safe shooting galleries, get the junkies off the streets and offer them treatment *if* they want it. The current cycle of addiction-jail(no drugs in there, wot ..)-back on the streets-back to jail is just ridiculous. So much of the shitty lives addicts lead is about the fact that their habits come before everything else : give them a reality that isnt so horrific and they might decide to seek help.

For those who fear that we'll all become addicts, how many of us are silly enough to sniff glue/petrol etc ? We dont, because we are bright enough to know that the negatives far outweigh the positives. There will be victims, regardless of the substance itself, but removing the need to steal simply to feed an addiction has to be a step in the right direction, IMO.

how many of us are silly enough to sniff glue/petrol etc ?

We are not talking aout glue sniffers we are talking about users of highly addictive narcotics and if they were on general sale, the answer is about the same number as those crazy enough to smoke cigarettes. I don't like being told how to live my life by anyone, but I don't want to live in a culture dominated by substance abuse and the problems it brings.

Until I receive an alcohol and travel allowance from the government I don't want to have to contribute to the welfare money given to those parrasitic wankers to sit around all day shooting up and planning who to rob next to stay out of their heads. Maybe it would be an advantage to provide free drugs to all addicts to cut the crime rates and put the dealers out of business, we do need to try something new because under current laws the problem is getting worse.

pe7e said

We are not talking aout glue sniffers we are talking about users of highly addictive narcotics and if they were on general sale, the answer is about the same number as those crazy enough to smoke cigarettes. I don't like being told how to live my life by anyone, but I don't want to live in a culture dominated by substance abuse and the problems it brings.

Until I receive an alcohol and travel allowance from the government I don't want to have to contribute to the welfare money given to those parrasitic wankers to sit around all day shooting up and planning who to rob next to stay out of their heads. Maybe it would be an advantage to provide free drugs to all addicts to cut the crime rates and put the dealers out of business, we do need to try something new because under current laws the problem is getting worse.

We are already living in a society with very high levels of drug abuse.

The legal drugs cause most of these problems ie alcohol , tobacco and the pharmaceutical drugs. Then we have the illegal drugs which despite being illegal are still a problem albeit smaller than alcohol and tobacco. Every non smoker and non drinker is supporting the addiction of others via various government taxes and money spent on health care.

Illegal drugs corrupt the whole of our society by creating crooked cops and politicians and a wash of black money which corropts many of our institutions. Our gaols are full of small time addicts and our court system and the average man on the street has to worry about his house being burgaled or car stolen . We are already paying big time for illegal drugs. It is time to wake up and legalise these illicit drugs under govt supervision. Of course it ain't going to happen because there are too many people with vested interests making huge amounts of money out of illegal drugs. The collateral damage from legalising drugs could hardly be worse than the damage being done by keeping drugs illegal.

As for Singapore drug laws they are ridiculous. A guy was hanged a while back for importing 1 kg of pot. That is ludicrous. The other thing about the death penalty is that it is not reversible. There are plenty of examples of people who in the fullness of time have been found not guilty of crimes but with the death penalty there is no second chance.

Archived