Child Sex Charges v Heroin Trafficking.

bust

I feel this is a debate where each has their own opinion, however, how can you say that "As for Singapore drug laws they are ridiculous. A guy was hanged a while back for importing 1 kg of pot. That is ludicrous."

The ludicrous thing is that the guy tried to smuggle drugs into Singapore in the first place, which as stated before, anyone with mediorce common sense knows the harsh penalties.

I'd be happy for capital punishment on drug-smuggling and child molestation to be bought into the UK - IF and a big IF, the person can be proved genuinely guilty.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bust1 said:Unfortunately people like Van Nyuan are victims of a much more sinister issue than drug trafficking.

Wrong ! "People like Van Nyuan" are NOT victims. They are major part of the drug smuggling equation.

BTW, although we are talking about drug trafficking, what is the more "sinister" issue you're talking about?

HH

"Hell no not me. Run 'em down and shoot anyone who complains that's me. But I'm all talk. Just a Little Kahuna sitting home pretending to be tough. I leave the serious mayhem to the pros."

Atsa good acolyte.

Florida has guest executioners. You can actually apply to kill a condemned prisoner, just for grins. You get some sort of token fe, but the real reward is doing the deed itself. There is not a state executioner, they do it this way. Or used to, haven't been around that neighborhood for a while.

Ooooh, just over 24 hours until Mr. Drug Transiter swings swings swings. Wish I could be sitting there in a deck chair wearing shades and sipping a fruity umbrellaed drink, toasting him as he makes the Big Plummet.

His own damned fault. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

And you can come up with whatever conspiracy theory you want, about Singapore government being good buddies with narco-traffickers, etc, but the fact is stepping onto Singapore soil with drugs carries a mandatory death penalty. They make every attempt to make you aware of this. People have been routinely hanged for drugs without mercy just for being caught with them in transit. So don't fucking cry to me if you are STILL stupid enough to do it and then get caught.

Hope his twin brother who ran up those gambling debts is feeling good now.

OK, this is getting embarrassing - BK and Chuck, you guys really need to get a room. ::

I categorically reject the assertion that we'd have as many addicts as we currently have cigarette smokers - do we have as many alcoholics as there are *drinkers* ? The whole decriminalisation thing isnt about selling it from the corner store - it becomes antoher controlled substance, subject to the same checks and balances as the rest of the (admittedly dangerous) chemists shelves. I'm not going to argue with the fact that prescription drugs are abused - no question - or that people will still break into chemists looking for it, but we need to remove a lot of the criminal element from the whole nightmare. I'd rather see these 'miserable' addicts passed out in a shooting gallery than in the parking lot I'm trying to navigate on the way to my car.

There *is* an addict gene, but we all have our addictions, dont we NPers ? :: ::

Archived