Child Sex Charges v Heroin Trafficking.

bust

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The newspaper says Singh wants to leave his job but authorities cannot find a replacement

I'd be quite happy to do it, not quite in Thailand - but I figure near enough for spending plenty of time there (and a lot closer than here!)

I will see if I can find out how much they pay and a job application.

I think the reality of the situation would change your mind, how many of the 850 prisoners that Mr Darshan Singh placed a noose around their necks do you think were innocent, or do you believe sillypore has the perfect justice system? Even in the UK, which, IMO has one of the fairest judicial systems in the world has sent many innocents to meet their maker. Unless we can gaurantee the 100% accuracy of convictions, we have no right to take lives, it amounts to state sanctioned murder and I don't want to be party to that! I don't have a problem executing 1st degree murders or the high level drug dealers if we can 100% guarantee we have the right person, unfortunatley at the moment we can't.

torrenova said:

I'd execute all connected with drugs and would happily take over the job of hangman.

That's a huge call. So what you are saying anyone who smokes a joint occasionally or has a few beers deserves execution. Maybe we should give all cigarette smokers lethal injections while where at it. Arrogance sometimes comes across as stupidity. Only you know which hat to wear. :nono:

Guys,

This is my attitude to this issue:

1. The majority of the warning signs in Singapore and Malaysia, particularly at the airports, are in English.

2. The make it very clear that the penalty for drug smuggling is death

3. If you can read English, and you still set foot in these countries with narcotics, you are an idiot

We can debate the hypocrisy angle ad-nauseam : our boy admitted that had done the crime, and now he's going to face the music. I feel for his family and friends, but to me its right up there with those guys who climb the fence at the zoo and get mauled by a tiger. We *all* pay for the harm done by heroin traffickers (and alcohol and tobacco, granted), but that isnt the issue here - Singapore has been pushed into a corner, and they will have to execute him to avoid losing face, IMO.

Cheers,

Artie

Got to agree with Artie, Van knew the risk, took it onboard and will pay the ultimate price in 10 days. The fact he did it to pay his twin brother's debts is irrelevant. If I was in his situation, maybe I would have done the same thing, but sure as hell I wouldn't have chosen the "via Singapore" flight route, no matter how many frequent flyer points I earned.

I feel sorry for the mum. Both of her sons are in the shit, she must feel terrible.

Archived