Child Sex Charges v Heroin Trafficking.

bust

>That's a huge call. So what you are saying anyone who smokes a joint occasionally or has a few beers deserves execution

Last I checked, beer and cigarettes are legal in (most) juristrictions where as joints are *not*.

> Arrogance sometimes comes across as stupidity. Only you know which hat to wear

Yes, indeed.

-j-

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Van Tuong Nguyen was in transit when arrested so there was never the intent to import

He was under Singapore jurisdiction when he was caught. There is a legal presumption under Singapore law, that anyone caught with over a certain amount of a drug (depends upon the "class" of the drug) is, by defintion "trafficking" in the drug (i.e. the drugs are not for personal consumtion, which carries a lesser penalty).

>I'm shore the fact that Van Tuong Nguyen is Asian is playing a big part in the efforts

The fact he is Asian has nothing to do with the penalty imposed by the Singapore courts. They will (and *have*) executed a caucasian or other nationality (or race) if caught under the same conditions.

Several people have been caught in the transit lounge - and subsequently executed.

-j-

>So - your telling me gurka's, british soldiers - are working in Changi prison?????

Do not think they work in the Prisons, but the Ghurkas have a long and proud history in Singapore. They frequently guard "serious" shit targets. One small article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurkha

Very, very tough f*ckers, and not to be messed with.

-j-

Guest lazyphil

<<Very, very tough f*ckers, and not to be messed with. >>

i think this is a well known fact to say the very least. I heard they guard the Brit Embassy in bkk??

"If I was in his situation, maybe I would have done the same thing, but sure as hell I wouldn't have chosen the "via Singapore" flight route, no matter how many frequent flyer points I earned"

Lol!! I'll make sure to switch to KLM if need to change activity arises ::

We've had fucking custom officers staying in a car outside our building for a couple of evenings now. Just wondering which one of us will have to cough up and how much.Those are the fuckers who should be executed!

"The Singapore Government I believe have a very chummy relationship with probably the biggest heroin dealer in the world"

could be they just cut out the competition that way. ( only let his "mules" get by)

IMHO ( not a popular idea) if govs really wanted to stop drug trade, ( and since we often see them on tv with big loads of drugs seized) they should poision the intercepted shipments and send them on their way when ever possible. it would make drug users afraid to use drugs and/or kill off the ones stupid enough to keep using them.

The Aussie Vietnamese guy certainly should be executed and has only himself to blame, IF he's guilty, and it certainly looks that way in this case. I don't like the death penalty strictly on policy grounds, no recourse in case the guy really was innocent, but if it's cut and dried he was guilty, I'll shed no tears.

But I think that one part in the news article was bullshit. The executioner wants to quit but there's no one to take his place? Bullshit! If he really wanted to quit, just quit. Not his problem if there's no one else around, which I am very doubtful about.

"The Aussie Vietnamese guy certainly should be executed and has only himself to blame, IF he's guilty, and it certainly looks that way in this case. I don't like the death penalty strictly on policy grounds, no recourse in case the guy really was innocent, but if it's cut and dried he was guilty, I'll shed no tears.

But I think that one part in the news article was bullshit. The executioner wants to quit but there's no one to take his place? Bullshit! If he really wanted to quit, just quit. Not his problem if there's no one else around, which I am very doubtful about".

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really beginning to like this place. The same dullard who wants to 'shove the kids in front of buses' who pester him to buy flowers also condones State sanctioned murder. Nice one. Perhaps *you* could sign up to take the hangman's place, that is, behind torrenova of course...

Archived