Sanaam Luang

limbo

For my 25 Stangs worth the Technique is named after 2 facts.

As Straycat pointed out Sanaam Luang is "Major Field" and it just so happens that it is the venue of the annual Kite Fighting contests.

Chuck Wow, literaly Tug the Rope not fly the kite as some pressume, is a manouvor used in such competitions to try to cut the string of fellow competitors kite by using strategicaly placed razor blades on your own kite or its string in order to disable ones opponents kite and send it crashing to the ground and leaving you as the winner.

Since majority of the fighting kites are multi stringed (one man 2 wire 2 man 4 wire etc) the jerking or tugging motion on the strings has often been compared to masturbation (you have to have seen the kite fights to get the picture) and Chuck wow has been a euphaurism for centuries.

My Take on it a massage girls "Sanaam Luang" technique means she is a champion Chuck Wow performer.

I'm an old fat lazy bastard, so reckon I'd be much better off with a "Chain Smoker" than a champion kite flyer....LOL...

Flying kites sounds like way too much "wasted" energy..

Ahhhh not long now until I can again savour a few "Mild 7's", a couple of "Ultra Slims" and hopefully several 9.5's....not to mention 555's

Wish they would wear their "numbers" on the top of their head though, it would be so much easier to remember..

Cheers.......Happy Kite Flying

ʹÒÃËÅǧ

Luang means several things such as great or royal and is often used in royal context, like in Nai Luang.

And since this field is a traditional site for both royal cremations and the annual Ploughing Ceremony the correct translation would IMO be Royal Field.

Oops. Just noticed Flasher has already answered that :o

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• 2 weeks later...
Flashermac said:

Nope. It's means "fly a kite".

I thought "fly the kite" was "Bpai Len ju-la" go play with a kite, a slang for masterbation...Chuck wow means "pull the rope" also slang for masterbation...just what I was told/taught by a well meaning Thai teacher... :) But I really have no clue...I have always been asked "ow Chuck Wow mai...?" in certain "locales."

The general term for kite is Waow.

julaa is the large male kite used in kite fighting whereas bpak pbao is the smaller female one.

Chak Waow literally means "pull kite " there is no rope (chuak) in this expression and and it is indeed an idiom for male masturbation along with similar ones: Chak Julaa springs to mind.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived