Gary Glitter Poll

Ckrisg

I always liked and still do his music - interesting question - do you stop liking the artist because of something evil he did in his life?

Cat Stevens changed his name and became a muslim. You can't get much more evil than that but I still like his music. :smirk:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A great anthem. :thumbup:

Years ago me and a friend had the idea to send old Glam Rock stars like Gary Glitter, Steve Harley, Mud, Slade etc. on Club tour around the tourist spots in Thailand.

Later i talked about this idea with Guitarist Adrian Fisher (Sparks) on Samui before he died.

I'm rather shure the venues would be crowded, also today.

imaging to see Suzy Quatro live on stage in Phuket. :D:beer: :bangit:

let the girls parents decide his fate ( unbribed of course :) )

This is not going to be a popular point of view considering some of the post made here and I am not defending him or his sexual choices, but Glitter did not molest these girls. He had consensual, paid sex with several women, aged from 11 to 23 or so. He was eventually convicted of committing obscene acts with two of them, aged 11 and 12. These were not prepubescent girls. It is not unusual for a female to reach puberty at an age as young as 10 or 11. My own daughter was only 11 when her period started. Also, there is every reason to believe the families knew and benefited from the arrangement. Keep mind that in some parts of the world today, girls still get married at 12 or earlier. In the western world, just a few generation ago, marriage at that age was very common. My own great grandmother was just 13 when married and was still 13 when my grandfather was born.

I do not any in way condone men going to third world countries to have paid sex with very young women. It is taking advantage of ones western economic position, but is the fact she is 12 or 18 the major issue?.

have to agree Mr.M.

i love some of the stuff Cat Stevens done in his hey day and his religious choice does not alter the fact he was talented and i don't really care.

i grew up with glam rock but never really a fan of Glitter,i was T-Rex and Bowie man.

Suzi Quatro was fine by me and sometimes Slade(even though Slade were not glam).

i don't think i bought one of his records and probably never will,but his performances on TOTP's were enjoyable.

there are many other pop artists in history who have broken the rules and still remained successful.

Led Zep and there crew were a little naughty when it came to underage Girls.

looking forward to seeing Alice Cooper very shortly........... :thumbup:

KS - I have also had a friend who's daughter aged 12 DID look like a 18 year old - but she is STILL a girl - and regardless that she may have been menstruating - that did NOT mean her brain was ready for a relationship - in fact she had a very difficult time growing up - with many older people hitting on her - she started work as a model and it got worse - it wasn't till she was 18 and her friends had caught up with her that she became a happier person.

As if a 12 year old - regardless what her body looks like - needs adults hitting on her. OR as if she has the mental emotional capacity to say "Yeah - Whoring sounds like a great Job"

Archived