Christmas Eve

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

Will you be taking your other half to church on christmas eve, if in bkk/los, where? i'm not a bible thumper but i did take her one xmas here which she seemed to enjoy, might again this year, should i feel ashamed to involve her in my culture (i know several here have christian wives already), i always enjoy thai festivals, discuss!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a christmas tree for the first time in over 20 years so our child gets to know christmas, that's about it.

Se nothing wrong with introducing her to christmas events. Just make sure she stops drinking after the 7th gluhwein or whatever the English equivelent is.

I've been scrooge and trying to get her NOT to know about it, bummer, came home from school telling her mum all about santa claus, if your good, then santa leaves a present at the end of your bed in a bag.

Now same day, I go out for a coffee meeting at 4pm, I come home at 3am.

During this time I've bought JJ a little present, heart shaped pink soaps.

I place it at the end of the bed.

She and DarLek awake first,

MUCH JOY

SANTA BEEN HERE SANTA BEEN HERE.

Off she goes to school to tell every one that Santa came to her house 25 days early!

Very funny - DarLek had no idea it was a special day, she thought anytime during December

DOG

Guest lazyphil

i agree, in some work places here in uk you cant put up xmas decorations so not to upset minorities, wtf!......

KS, I bet you go to Thai temples, so why not a church?

Hi,

"KS, I bet you go to Thai temples, so why not a church?"

Yes, I go to Thai temples, but not to worship. I always stay on the sidelines when my wife goes in to pray.

No churches because they are to me a big reminder of the hypocrisy in the church / Christianity.

My father once told me that believing is not linked to a place, nor is praying (and while I do not believe in any higher power, I do agree with that sentiment), yet for many religious people believing / praying seems to be secondary to actually showing up in church. It doesn't really matter how you live your life as long as you spend every Sunday morning in a church.

That to me is hypocrisy.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

Fair enough, but I dont think christianity is anymore/less hypocrytical than any other faith. There does seem to be alot of embessement these days admiting to some sort of christian belief. Anyway, I dont want to hyjack my own thread into anything political, just wondering if anyone likes to share their culture with their TG.

Archived