Christmas Eve

Guest baldrick

Don't see why you should have to be a practicing saint to go in a church or to feel a hypocrite if you don't live up to the sermon on the mount. Nothing wrong with going for the music and to soak up the atmosphere. I quite like going to wats and join in, even have a go at the pali phrases. I'd never go in a church in LOS though.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xmas before last my wife and I were in Australia over the Xmas period, we never went to the church even though I was raised through the Catholic education system (never sexually abused BTW) and she loved it, all of it, visited homes where old folk turned there houses into humming light shows, Xmas pageants, and the highlight - recieving gifts...really brought out the kid in her.

"yet for many religious people believing / praying seems to be secondary to actually showing up in church. It doesn't really matter how you live your life as long as you spend every Sunday morning in a church."

That to me is hypocrisy

More to church than just showing up and being all christain-like ( what ever that is) How about: meeting people of like minds, fellowship, study, listening to stories and sermons, carrying on family traditions and meeting up with extended family before a nice sunday lunch together. People can be assholes and enjoy all the traditions and family events without being called hypocrits

Sort of like saying anyone who does not fuck a whore at every NP friday meeting or NPF quiz night is a hypocrit. People go there for different reasons. Even non-whoremongers show up :dunno: Agree?

Fuck it mate. I didn't even know that there were whores available at the Nana Plaza Friday meetings. I will definitely turn up when I get to BKK. If some drunk and obnoxious git arrives and asks in a very high voice - "Where are the hookers?", that will be me. :neener:

One Christmas eve I took her to the midnight carol service at St Martins In the Field, Trafalgar Sq as we happened to be in the vicinity, along with the large xmas tree in the sq and the general christmas spirit around, she really enjoyed it. That was a special evening, one of the better ones with my now ex thai wife.

JP :xmascheer

International church at Bangkok christian college at Surasak BTS station is having a service on both on the 24th and 25th. t they are not in the chapel though. They are in the smaller auditorium above the parking garage. If you enter at the Sathorn gate you will see signs.

December 24, Christmas Eve Service is a family candlelight service of carols and readings at 6pm.

December 25, Worship will be at 10:00am ( usual worship time).

http://www.icbangkok.org/ for more information

I am with KS on the church thing, but am willing to help out. Here is a partial list of churches and synagogues in the Big Mango.

About the only time I get into a church is on rare occasions on a non-services day to check out the architecture if the building is old and/or interesting. Mrs Tiger & the cubs like the stained glass...

Cheers,

SD

Archived