Girls travelling overseas...

Encore

Hi,

"In my post I SAID, I was told"

Ok, fair enough. Doesn't change much to my answer though as, contrary what you seem to think, I did not attack you but the notion of such a potion working.

Regardless of whether you said this yourself or were told by others I remain *very* sceptical about all of this so called magic. My wife is a firm believer in this as well, yet any attempt at proof or clarification is met with anger and avoidance of the issue. This just makes my beliefs that is all a load of bullshit even stronger.

Sanuk!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One way in which I could see such a 'potion' may have an effect is if it contains some form or hallucinogen, such as peyote, LSD or psilocybin (SP?). some of these are derived from natural ingredients. ('magic mushroom').

Someone who is fed this unknowingly or without knowing what it is, and being of a personality that is susceptible to the effects of it, may well get very confused, flip out, or end up with some psychotic side effects.

'going off the deep end' is a wide description. It includes behaviours I have seen in some people over longer time, caused initially by a bad trip. Depending the person, it may be the hallucinogen that causes the bad trip, or, it may simply be a trigger, sending someone who is already struggling with reality over the edge.

So, in spite of my skepticism, and tongue in cheek comemnt about IW's new boyfriend, I cannot rule out Sun's suggestion that some 'bad medicine' was involved.

"Women from the South of issan, especially those with Khmer blood, do black magic. They make a 'medicine', a potion or so, that drives the men they prey on insane.Please be careful, never eat any 'Ja" that an isan woman gives you"

Just out of interest, and I must be missing something here, why would the girl want to make the guy insane? Is this some kind of retribution?

Tas

[color:"blue"]Just out of interest, and I must be missing something here, why would the girl want to make the guy insane? Is this some kind of retribution?

[/color]

I have no idea, perhaps we culd start a new thread?

What is really the purpose of thes prostitutes anyhow, it is the money? It is not the "insanity" as much as falling head over heel for her that she can manipulate to get any thing, don't you think?

Hubby and I have been in love for a long time with each other and I know that with this thing called "love" we give each other anything. Love is a wonderful thing but it can be manipulated! ::

So if one of these women could get a guy to be crazy about her, why not? Not only money, she also gains power and many of them do NOT know what that power over a man is gvinging the background of where these women are from. Power over someone can be excitement and heaven!

Jasmine

[color:"blue"] I take it you are referring to the Nam Man Phrai? Isn`t that the name of the potion?

[/color]

No dear friend, I am not talking Just about that name, these men were talking about many other potions, and voodoo doll and so on.

My family can be traced all the way back to Ayudhaya time and my grandfather and my father who studied abraod talked about this and many other things like tatoo and so on. Of course, none of the family did NOT beleive or believe, more like accepting that such may exist and how to prevent the or solve the problem.

[color:"red"] Well, chances are that if you out of a pool of say 20 individuals give each and every one the potion, some of them will become infatuated if they are being worked by a thai woman, and without the potion some would become infatuated as well

[/color]

Hmm, you got your point communicated there. Now, tell me when there is an accident, why some are injured, some die and some walk away? Same theory, do you think?

I think what I was told is that when one has no protection (this can be his "sean" which is the morales, coupled with alcohols and so on) ones become very vulnerable. IMO, when these men (and some women) rush to Thailand for the purpose of sexual release, there is no protection, the brains upstairs don't work very well fighting with the object between the legs.

Jasmine

[color:"green"] Just like many information, it last for centuries, but do you last that long, someone will remember you centuries from now? Nothing personal here, just to point out my wonderings why certain information lasts so long when there is no prove for it.

Do you have a prove that not a single one works? I sure don't. [/color]

It is for you to prove that such potions exist AND work. It is not for others to disprove. That is how science works.

For centuries the Earth was believed to be flat. Malaria was believed to be caused by "bad" air. Mentally ill people believed to be possessed by evil spirits. Long lasting beliefs does not make it true. You have to scientifically test "beliefs" to see if they hold water.

I think I have mentioned before (maybe a couple of times, over the years? :o)...........2 BG's (out of a lot) I got to know told me they were getting married and going to Europe (NOT to "work" as BG's etc), but of course you do hear stories where gals get forced into stuff they did not expect - they had heard the stories as well but were 99% SURE that their new husbands were straight, but with swapping continents 1% is enough to at least worry about a bit.

But as these were 2 gals I LIKED (they were good people doing the best they could with the hand they had been dealt with and I had known them over several years, and only 1 in the "biblical" sense) I gave each of them my phone number in the UK (One was going to the UK and one Germany) and explained repeatedly that it was ONLY for emergencies - if things were not as expected, they were to give me a call or get a message to me and I WILL come and get them, but ONLY so they could get back to Thailand.

They were surprised and pleased that someone cared enough about them to worry about them and want the best for them without expecting anything in return, but, as I said, I had known them each (seperately) for a number of years so not totally unexpected bahaviour from me. (Maybe thats why they each suggested alternative marriage arrangments to their then current plans :()

Fortunately they never called and I did see both of them on subsequent trips (both with new babies ::) and all was as expected, including them back working as BG's whilst on "holiday" when each Mr Farang Husband worked back home. (Not with me though........I think).

Why did I give them my number and offer to help? Simply because I liked them, and I figured that some things are just the "right" thing to do.

What would I have done IF they had called?? No real idea, I would have probably tried just taking them away, then money, then Plod, then if push comes to shove a bit more DIY - to whatever degree was neccessary. I am a laid back kinda guy for only 99.999999999999999999% of the time, to the point of being comatose :: :: :: ::

A bit of thread digression here.........sorry :o

ikkrang

I hope she never needs it either - for BOTH your sakes - cos you never know WTF you are dealing with...........

From personal experiance you do not know the meaning of the words "on your own" until you find yourself up to your neck in shit half way around the world from home.

---------------------

First of all, it is nice to see someone who really cares.

I met only one woman who was lied to about working in Germany, the Thai embassy with the German police helped her out of a hell hole. The case happened in 1978 so it is an old story and it could be told. This was a young woman who graduated with a BA in classical (from an Art U.) dancing and was hired by a German to perform the classical dancing in his Thai restaurant but she was focred, locked up into prostitution for over 2 months when one of her customers got help for her at the Thai embassy. She was so drugged that even today she has never become herself again. :(

I heard of one other case in Canada, but the rest of the women seem to work out fine.

I really can't blame these women who want to do an honest job to earn enough to jump ahead a little, wish them all luck.

Jasmine

Archived