Stag Party in Bangkok - ideas wanted

David_66_UK

A couple of you may have twigged that it looks like I will be getting hitched in January 2006. For reasons I won?t bore you with the wedding itself has not been arranged and is only 95% certain (although I am probably deluding myself about the 5%!).

The Stag party is however 100% certain! :D :D :D

The good news about not having the wedding fixed is that the dates for the stag do are pretty much open, although in practice I think it will need to be between the 5th and 20th of January. (Fridays are the 6th, 13th and 20th).

I am not a resident in Thailand and although my usual trips to the LOS lasted months at a time (this is my shortest trip ever!) and involved sitting in Bars getting drunk and being ?nice? to the ladies ::, I don?t really know many Farang folk in the LOS as I have never been one for group do?s and although I have been on this board on and off under various names since the old Delphi days I have never been a regular at the Friday meets ? I think I have only been twice, when they were at Woodstock, and only for an hour or so ? I may have nodded to KS once, but that was about it! I think the last time was WILDALASKA?s first trip.

Although I am more than capable of making my own fun in Bangkok, it would seem a shame for me not to at least try and organise something ? although organising is not my forte.

Whilst I guess that in an ideal world it would be nice to send out invites and then know how many people would be attending and organise around this, I doubt very much if this is going to be practical, especially where in Bangkok there are a million reasons for folk to get ?delayed?. ::

Therefore I am thinking along the lines of something reasonably ?fluid? and then just seeing how things go and also maybe tacking my Stag Night onto something else, so at least I can PRETEND that I have friends. :: ::

It would seem to make some sense to add the bash onto the usual Friday night meet, although as I do like the odd beer or two I would be starting somewhat earlier ? around midday for a liquid lunch, somewhere(s) around lower Sukhumvit (it does not matter to me if no one else is!). My ?plan? would be that by the time I get down Sukhumvit back to my hotel at 3 / 4am I will be paralytic. :: :: :D :D

In addition I would like to organise something at DC10 Gogo bar (Nana Plaza, next door to, but NOT part of, Casanova!) on the basis that the crew who have been there for the last 6 / 7 years have not suddenly all f#cked off. I have no idea what this would involve (anyone else on good terms with G#y (sp?!!) & Co???) ? I have a few quid to burn, but nothing wildly excessive, maybe stuff some cash behind the bar for the Farang / get the ladies free buckets of booze all night and free barfines after 10pm (I have been known to do this before!) or something along these lines and maybe even some food. MAYBE G#y would organise a one off show or something ? no idea. Afterwards / before maybe a bar crawl ? I do like to wander around a bit when I am drunk ? it gives me the illusion I am going somewhere and achieving something. :: ::

I also have a ?thing? about the Bucking Bronco upstairs at Carousel (?), if it is still there?? A Trip to Eden or an MP is not out of the question, nor a trip away from NEP, although I am not a regular down in Cowboy or in Patpong ? so would need some guidance on this.

It doesn?t have to be on a Friday of course ? although as I am approaching 40, I probably can?t do a Macc Lads style effort anymore??.?When the Macc lads have a party then they do it fucking right????.they start it on a Monday and it ends on Sunday Night?

What would also be useful is if someone said on XXX night something is happening already and I could just tack my stag do onto this!

If anyone has any other ideas ? the above is not compulsory, it?s just to give folk an idea of what I am thinking ? eg not a formal sit down meal, followed by port and cigars.

I guess in practice it might be good if it covered a few ?events? that folk could drop into, as and when they felt like it / what matched their tastes?? ? rather than feeling they ?had? to do the whole bash......

Bizarre and off the wall is ok. (I think it?s called ?blue sky? thinking).

BTW it?s a case of ?What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas? ? especially on the cost front, as it is going to be a cheap wedding. :D :D :D :D

Finally, Stag Do attendance does not mean any Dave-Sot???.or compulsory attendance at the wedding.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats - my own stag party was held on 4 hours notice as I had no idea I was being married the next day but was pretty good fun, my suggestion is get the invite list from mine to go to yours, only one bloke, but wow, a one man stag party!

Check out the boring "Quiz Night" victory party, I;ve seen the photos. scary!

Enlist the aid of deborchourus locals, Suadan comes to mind, Make Pom Michael your best man

That will ALL leed to a disgusting evening

DOG - FARK - Make OH the bridesmaid by the way

Mr. David,

Just in my humble opinion, you would be looking at:

a. A Night to Remember Forever: THB 3,000 per person (guy). Includes "everything" you would ever want in a Stag Party. Need at least 20 guys.

b. A Night that you Won't Forget: THB 2,000 per person. Great night for sure.

c. A Great Stag Party: THB 1,000 per person. Won't be private but still will be a great time.

Just a rough idea.

Cheers

Congratulations David. :beer:

I was best man for a mate back in 93 (we were both living in LOS at the time and he was marrying a Thai lady) so the stag night arrangements were down to me. I decided on a stag day and the arrangements were as followed:

Golf for those who played (I think we teed off about midday). Nothing serious so plenty of beers on the way round.

Then on to one of the Chao Prya massage parlours when the non golfers joined the party. It turned out that the owner of the massage parlour also had a business supplying granite to one of my mates building projects, so he threw in free drinks, buffet and free massages.

Then on to the Seafood Market for dinner (in those days it was on the corner of Suk and Asoke, where an unfinished office building now stands) where some more guys joined us.

And finally Patpong for the rest of the night.

It was all precisely timed so that evereyone who wasn't at the golf knew what time we'd be at each venue. Unfortunately the golf took a bit longer than planned and there were too many after golf drinks at the course, the traffic to get back into town was worse than usual and the unexpected buffet and drinks at the massage parlour meant we were there longer than expected. So we were late getting to every venue and by the time we got to Patpong we were almost 2 hours behind schedule.

A couple of the guys did try to handcuff the husband to be to the toilet sink in one of the go-go's and then to one of the poles on the dance floor, but he fought them off valiantly, and one of the party did get a stiletto heel implanted in his forehead but other than that it wasn't a particularly rowdy stag, but everyone got well pissed and had a great time and some of us took some fun home with us just to finish the day in style.

Probably no help to you but that was my experience.

Cheers.

PS. Booked a flight yesterday and will be in town from the 6th to 14th Jan.

Archived