TG's airliners refurbishment...

It's been going on for a while and as expected experimenting serious delays. Anyone has ideas when we can expect half decent interiors in Tgs planes, especially on the BKK-Paris route?? Flew once againin Biz yesterday and it was as lousy as usual, they kept the Don perignon for the First it seems and I can easily think of airlines offering cleaner and more sophisticated coach than TG's BC. Service was good as usual though and the upgrade complimentary so won't be bitching too much. Still with the BC quality no wonder people are reluctant forking over the significant extra baht...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you complain, cher ami??

i flew recently to Incheon (Korea), to Zurich and yesterday back from Guangzhou to BKK and ALL flights in refurbished planes!!

Paris of course has no priority; maybe TG is scared that some french rioters will demolish the new seats.

i have never had Dom Perignon in any Biz Class of any airline! many airlines even have replaced it in First with cheaper champagne!

Complain coz beeing a FF with TGs has obvious perks and the service is quite efficient but would love to use a modern fleet!! Sure not the case between Paris and BKK... Besides since they cancelled half of the french flights those left are often quite full and it would be nice to sit all those customers in a more pleasant environment. Would be wiling to pay significantly more for the tickets as well but TG's biz Class on this route sure isn't worth it.

I did actually see Don Perignon 1996 on TG's C class but it was a generous move from the steward... very much appreciated all flight long :drunk:

Dom 1996 and/or Veuve Cliqout Le Grande Dame 1995 served in F. Last trip also had some nice

I forget what it is in C, but some decent middle-of-the-road stuff. maybe Charles Heidseick or something like that.

In Y, I think they get ginger ale...

Cheers,

SD

"no idea as i am not in the same biz as you!"

Actually investigating something different there, for some orders coming from Africa. If guys based in BKK have a factory in China or work very vlosely with them feel free to PM - looking for gadgets with a new technological twist to them . Contacts in Africa are very serious, just don't know wether I have the time to take care of it. Would be easier to deal with people based in BKK . Any fair worth visiting between HK and Guanxou round NYE as I must go there??

SD,

as of yesterday in C we got some Fleur de Champagne, not the real stuff but half decent though

randomman ,

there is a trade fair in guangzhou about every month of the year , though the next big one is Spring fair April 20th which is also my birthday and therefore important .

About refurbished Thai planes I am seriously considering at the moment to decide for the unthinkable meaning to downgrade myself to Biz in future . I do not like the single seats they offer in First now , I am feeling like being lost on an island somewhere. Further they offer kind of a restaurant service since you have a real table in front of you , somebody is constantly troubling with problems like if you want 5 or 9 potatoes , some more vegetables and which ones and after 2 hours you have a nervous breakdown . They do not let you get pissed in peace. Very bad all this . So I asked for a tray with food from Bizclass on my last flight home and then they called the inflight manager who started to interview me if something was wrong . For Christ's sake. As you can see, nothing but hardship whatever you do .

BuBi

I've been upgraded to Thai BC a couple of times, last time I paid for a Thai BC ticket and have just booked another Thai BC ticket for Jan. This is on the Dubai / Bangkok route and I have to agree that the Thai BC cabin is pretty poor compared to major airlines, but the service is excellent and they are cheap. I'd actually rather they stay the way they are than have an upgraded cabin that costs twice as much. Being a fairly big guy I'm really only interested in the big comfy seat.

Archived