Friday 13th Jan - the "Stag Do" Agenda.

David_66_UK

Ok, here?s the plan ? so far!

Consider it also an invite to one and all, including to any Lurkers / Newbies to the NP.com or Thailand. ::

The Stag Do starts at 1pm (I will be anyway ::) in a Pool Bar on Soi 7/1 (the same Soi as Eden). We are starting here because it is near Subway (for my breakfast!) and is pretty central and also handy for the Nana Skytrain Station as well as Eden Club. They also serve Guinness, have aircon (important for the Guinness! :D) and have plenty of Pool Tables. I should mention that although I have been drinking here a few times mid afternoon last trip that it is NOT one of my regular bars. (I will also be naming the specific pool bar in due course ? when I find out which one I mean! :()

To encourage folk to attend and as a gentle way of ?getting to know each other? (in a purely non OH sense ::) I will sponsor a Pool Competition. Don?t worry if you are not a pool player, you can hire one of the staff to represent you ? but the cost of doing so is down to you! The format for the competition can be worked out on the day, depending on the numbers.

Obviously I have no idea whether 1 or 10 people will be turning up in the afternoon ? but I propose that the 1st prize will be a barfine AND an L/t at the GoGo bar we go to later with the gal of your choice :D. 2nd prize just a barfine at the same GoGo bar :). I will also splash out on a free drink for anyone who enters the Pool competition which will start around 2 / 2.30pm, depending on the numbers.

What happens after the Pool Competition (around 4 pm??) can be made up on the day, some folk can wander off to Eden or another MP before meeting up again with any others either back at the Pool Bar or somewhere else nearby. (I like the Beer Bar complex on Soi 3, but I am not overly fussed where I drink :: :D).

Next is to Gullivers for the usual Friday evening meet at 6.30pm, but only for an hour or so, to pick up any folk who want a later start / have to work and also for folk who want to eat western style. (I think it?s called lining the stomach! :)).

Next is Nana Entertainment Plaza at 8.30pm OR Soi Cowboy initially for a specific GoGo bar. Exactly what this will involve will be decided / arranged when I hit Bangkok the week beforehand (the specific details will be posted on NP.com ? including the name of the Pool Bar on Soi 7/1!!! ::).

At the moment I am thinking that this will possibly involving some free grub, and will definitely involve a lot of drinking (on my part anyway :D). I will also be ringing the bell upon arrival to signal the official start of ?The Bangkok Olympics 2006 ? the Night Games?. :D :D :D

It will likely also involve some pre arranged games of some sort with the Gals and anything else which I can think of. To get things ?going? with the gals I will likely be splashing out on free booze for them, rather than the usual watered down Mekong in a bucket of ice I am hoping to do the same with ?green death? cocktails served in the ice buckets ::. (I will probably tell them it is a traditional good luck pre-wedding Farang recipe :: ::)

I will also be throwing some barfines around and prizes (of items and possibly also cash ? if I can devise any ?games? that warrant this) in order to also encourage a party atmosphere. I will no doubt also be ringing the bell like a Cunt during the evening. :: :: :o :o :: ::

I figure if we are at the GoGo Bar by 8.30pm we will have a chance to take the place over, but more importantly it will be the case that if after a couple of hours (or just 10 minutes) that the evening is developing into a bit of a washout, then folk can just f#ck off somewhere else without having completely ruined an evening. :: :: No hard feelings :D. If there is something ?better? on elsewhere, I will also be going after a couple of hours.

:D :D :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summary:-

1pm Pool Bar Soi 7/1

2 / 2.30 pm Pool Competition Starts

4.00pm move onto another nearby Bar / Get fucked up the Bum at Eden Club :: :D

6.30pm Gullivers Soi 5

8.30pm Nana Plaza OR Soi Cowboy GoGo bar (to be confirmed)

Then it just gets made up as we go along!

I will have a mobile phone number and will post it up here later ? so folk can track things down on the night, however it is my intention that 1pm at the soi 7/1 Pool Bar, 6.30pm at Gullivers and 8.30pm at the GoGo will be fixed times, for at least me.

If the timing for other folk moves around, no problem ? it is not compulsory to do the whole day. Drop in and Drop out as you want. :D :D :D

How cruel Yehtmae - that sure aint a 'typical' day in the UK - That would be something as horrible as follows:

0900 - 1700 work in the job you hate preparing for 5pm departure for *party*

1700 - 1900 do unpaid overtime as something has gone wrong and the boss is hopping mad at missing a deadline : :cussing:

1900 rush to the underground only to find it closed because of either a security alert, wrong kind of rain, leaf on the track etc etc :banghead:

1930 take the bus home and realise why you never use buses as it crawls along at 3mph ::

2030 Get home - look in the fridge and nothing to eat but a piece of 3 week old cheese and the curry from a week ago that is slowly fermenting in its own juices. You decide to get something on the way to the pub.

2100 Freshly showered and only an hour or two late you run down the high street. Stop of at the Kebab shop and order some food.

2105 realise as you tear down the street eating your kebab that the chilli sauce has gone down your white shirt. :dunno:

2115 arrive at the pub only to find out your mates have gone to the wine bar where the cute (well sort off) girls go !!!

2130 arrive at the wine bar after getting soaked as its now raining and you have no umbrella. Your mates say "get this beer down you double fast as we are going back to the first pub - nothing happening here."

2145. Back at the pub and realise you have all of 1 hour 15 minutes drinking time left before it closes. Race down 6 pints of preffered beer, all mixing with the kebab nicely.

2300. Pub closes and you ask landlord what happended to liberal opening hours - he says "f**k off twat and go home"

2315. Go to Roxy disco and queue up behind 200 fat slags waiting to be "assessed" by bouncers with less IQ than your cat. Check your ID just to make sure you have it with you.

2330. Still waiting in the queue - girl in front of you throws up and it goes over your shoes. Bouncers remove her and queue moves slowly. Starts to rain again and no cover.

2345. Eventually get inside and by the time you get to the cashier its now gone midnight so the price for entry is now 20 pounds (1400 baht) with no free drinks.

2410. Join the hoards of people waiting at the bar for a drink.

2430. Just get your first drink and nurse the bruises from at leat 20 nudges in your gut as you struggle to keep your place and get the barmaids attention. Changer mysteriously small from a 50 pound note for 4 beers !!!!

0100. Watch your mates as they attempt to chat up various whales, slags and ugly bitches in the disco. Meanwhile your thinking "what the F**k am I doing here - I should be in Thailand"

0200 - you grab a fat slag and ask for her the last slow dance of the night, only to find she pukes up all over you as you pull her tight trying to grab a french kiss.

0210 - Disco closes and you come out from the toilet where you have been trying to remove fat slags dinner and breezers from staining your shirt.

0230 - your still waiting for a cab and everyone you phone is busy - eventually see some Kosovan with a 1982 Toyota something with leopard skin seat covers and agree that 25 pound is a fair price for a 5 km ride home in a car unroadworthy, unlicenced and a virtual death trap - of course he does not speak English but you dont care.

0300 - you eventually get home and look at the picture of Nok & Nong lying by your bedside from last nights w**k and conclude "it aint like a typical day in Bangkok"

Cheers

I like what I know and I know what I like :D

It's basically a numbers thing and the fact that I do not KNOW many folk in BKK, therefore I am somewhat limited as what I can book / arrange as something "special".

I figured stick to lower Sukhumvit cos that is where folk who would be likely to attend are likely to be anyway (I am a realist and am not expecting many folk to get off their a#ses too much) - and therefore in lower Sukhumvit the options are limited to the usual - even without trying to make a plan that can suit most tastes and is also flexible for folk to wander off and do their own thing and come back. And in any case if only a few folk turn up (or just myself!) plenty to keep ME occupied and I won't have commited money for anything which I can't just get the benefit from myself.

The only real difference from the usual night out I guess is that it is an excuse for folk from NP.com to get together.............. and some drunken twat will be putting his hand in his pocket ::

Oh yeah, it could also be chance for folk to celebrate the existence of true love...............or witness complete stupidity whilst putting a face to the future posts on NP.com about how my future with the Missus has turned to shit in Farangland. :(

Hope you are coming! :D :D :D

Great............and so disturbingly true! :D :D :D

I don't get out and about so much over here as I used to, apart from being a "good boy" on the alcohol front, Thailand has really spoilt me when it comes to queuing up to spend my money in a pub (and especially a club). As the years go by the benefits of doing this elude me evermore............

I DO also sometimes complain about a lack of customer care in Thailand - but jezzus fookin wept - it's so much worse back home.

Queuing up to spend money - where the fuck did that concept come from??? :: :: :D :D :D

HI mate all the best with your new endevour, and yes we will be closely monitoring your new happiness.

Sounds like a good night planned, i think you should get plenty of people turning up with what u have planned, bar fines, LT taken care of, possible cash, some free drinks, food?

sounds like a fun, and different night of just boy fun.

Sadly i dont get in until the 16th so unless this thing goes for 3 daYS, then alas i miss out, but at least post some pics and reports on the big night. :)

Aye, same here -- all the best. I will be visiting family back in the States, so I will miss your little do. But that is prolly a good wedding gift to you as I can drain a man's wallet with my drinking LOL!

In the spirit of the day, I will extend the same offer to you that I did to Nervous Dog on his stag night -- spend your last night with one of my A list gals, (but you have to find where she works LOL :neener:):

P1003550.jpg

Cheers,

SD

Archived